Uninsured motorists -are you one?

I have insurance, doesn't mean I would ever claim on it though. If I hit someone and it was my fault I would pay out whatever costs are incurred. If my car is stolen I will report it to the Police, but I won't claim on insurance. Pointless as my premium would rocket.

My Brother has his car stolen a year ago, he had to claim on insurance as he was still paying finance on it. His insurance was £450 fully comp on a 1.8 petrol Focus before the claim, he is now paying £1,750 fully comp on a 1.6 petrol, It's ridiculous.

If you crippled a child so they need life care you would be in serious trouble with the law as well as bankrupt, uninsured drivers cost the rest of £400 million a year.

I don' think you mean this. What if, for example, you drove in to the back of a Ferrari and caused whiplash injuries to the occupants? You'd just find £60k rather than accept higher insurance premiums for a few years?

Not to mention whether the other party would be happy with this. I know a few people who have developed further problems after the initial whiplash some months after an accident and has resulted in costly physio.

I don' think you mean this. What if, for example, you drove in to the back of a Ferrari and caused whiplash injuries to the occupants? You'd just find £60k rather than accept higher insurance premiums for a few years?

If that ever happens then yes, I would probably go through insurance. What I mean then is I will always pay out of pocket unless I financially can't.

Though never had an accident in 5 years of driving, doing 20,000 miles a year, so must be doing something right. :hihi:

If that ever happens then yes, I would probably go through insurance. What I mean then is I will always pay out of pocket unless I financially can't.

Though never had an accident in 5 years of driving, doing 20,000 miles a year, so must be doing something right. :hihi:

I've been driving more than three times as long as you and, and have done more than 3 times as many miles, and I haven't claimed either. The key is to never get complacent - but your insurance will never get cheap :/

If you crippled a child so they need life care you would be in serious trouble with the law as well as bankrupt, uninsured drivers cost the rest of £400 million a year.

I am insured, and like I said above, if I ever did anything like that then I would have no other alternative.

Not to mention whether the other party would be happy with this. I know a few people who have developed further problems after the initial whiplash some months after an accident and has resulted in costly physio.

My Mother decided to do this in 2008, she went through insurance when someone hit her. Her premium also went up, even though she wasn't to blame.

I've been driving more than three times as long as you and, and have done more than 3 times as many miles, and I haven't claimed either. The key is to never get complacent - but your insurance will never get cheap :/

I have come to terms with that, I pay £550 on a group 12 insured car, but only third party as I wouldn't be able to afford fully comp. :(

Has this guy not admitted he drives without insurance?

You didn't answer the question about your conscience, Mr Bloke.

I think you may have mis-read my reply!

I did not reply "I don't know!" to the 2nd question, I replied "I don't!" to the 2nd question, and "No!" to the 3rd question ("Doesn't your conscience bother you?")

:confused:

Hope that clears it up - I don't want any knocks on the door!

I have come to terms with that, I pay £550 on a group 12 insured car, but only third party as I wouldn't be able to afford fully comp. :(

I found fully comp to be only a few pounds more - £20 I think, but I guess it depends on the value of your car. Mine is almost worthless so the extra costs of a claim would be minimal.

Archived