Uninsured motorists -are you one?

I found fully comp to be only a few pounds more - £20 I think, but I guess it depends on the value of your car. Mine is almost worthless so the extra costs of a claim would be minimal.

When I was looking at quotes last month, fully comp was cheaper than 3rd party in some cases.

I don't know why people pay extortionate insurance rates. I just drive carefully and make sure I always carry £200+ cash with me at all times. That's my insurance. In the last 10 years driving I've just had two bumps, one of which wasn't even my fault, and on each occasion I have just pretended that I don't speak English and waved the £200 under the nose of the other driver. Works a treat, and saved me £5k+ I reckon.

This is a little shortsighted. If you ever had a serious accident, I doubt £200 would get you off the hook. How would you feel if you drove into a pedestrian, and they were seriously injured? Or died, even?

I think you may have mis-read my reply!

I did not reply "I don't know!" to the 2nd question, I replied "I don't!" to the 2nd question, and "No!" to the 3rd question ("Doesn't your conscience bother you?")

:confused:

Hope that clears it up - I don't want any knocks on the door!

Oh, well. So long as you sleep ok at night.

I have insurance, doesn't mean I would ever claim on it though. If I hit someone and it was my fault I would pay out whatever costs are incurred. If my car is stolen I will report it to the Police, but I won't claim on insurance. Pointless as my premium would rocket.

I think you'll find that if you hit and injure a person, the costs will rocket so fast you won't know where to begin. I can guarantee you you will be claiming then ;)

It doesn't take much for costs to go way way up, however, like yourself I wouldn't claim for minor damage unless it wasn't my fault.

Although a lot of people I grew up with do drive without insurance and get fined in the region of £250 about once a year.

It's a bit of a joke.

It is a joke, and this is precisely why people risk it.

Why can't the fine should be the same amount as the insurance premium? That'd be more of a deterrent, surely?

Archived