Are Chinese Buffets any Good?

slimsid2000

On the whole the quality of the food is not up to what you'd get in a decent chinese restaurant or even a good takeaway, but they are fine if you're just after a bit of cheap and cheerful grub in town.

Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed!

The food is generally better quality in the evening rather than during the day when the choice is more limited.

Jumbo - i find it a bit hit and miss, I've had good visits and bad visits...

Marble Court which is rockingham way (i think) down t'moor does a good buffet which is order all you like - so at least you know the food has been cooked fresh just for you...

As for value for money - depends how much you eat! If you eat a prawn cracker and a noodle - probably not!

I've also fiound Jumbo hit and miss -been and its luvly , been other times and it aint been.

Still going though!!

I'd recommend these kinda places if you are starving hungry and want somewhere cheap to go with a load of ppl.

NOT somewhere to take a lass though (took a date to Jumbo once. Bad idea ). Also not summat I'd go before a night out as you'll be too full on sweet n sour to get the beers in.

I don't mind the chinese buffet places but if you are looking to go for an evening meal then i'll never turn down the zing vaa restaurant. In the afternoon i'll go to the buffet places like Jumbo, I have had a bad gut a few times after visiting the no 1 opposite ponds forge.

I walked past Wokmania on Wednesday night, and they were just doing the finishing touches before it opened Thursday lunchtime. I picked up a leaflet with their details.

Buffet prices are £4.99 (12pm - 5pm), £6.99 (5pm - 7pm) and £8.99 (7pm - 12am).

It looks very nice - a bit posher inside than the Jumbo. Can't compare it with No 1 as I haven't been there.

Their phone number is 0114 275 5885 if anyone is interested. It's licensed and their maximum stay is 2 hours (I think Jumbo is 1½ hours).

Archived