Tyre fitting (loose tyres)

Anyone know a garage that won't charge the earth for fitting loose tyres?

I have 4 tyres and 4 wheels that I would like combined into something useful! So far every place I've tried wants over £15 per tyre just to fit them. This is something I will need done fairly frequently (off-roading) and I keep hearing of mythical garages where someone chucks them a tenner and they will do all 4. I don't seem to be able to find anything vaguely similar (although I think that is probably unattainable).

Any suggestions in or around Sheffield/Rotherham?

Cheers.

Sorry, I didn't explain clearly. I've picked up a set of spare rims and want the tyres fiited to those. The reason I expect this to be a frequent thing is that if my experience last weekend was anything to go by I can see me needing to replace tyres on an all too regular basis!

I have a set of rims with road tyres that I use day to day, and now an off-road set.

It's a Discovery 2.

I had a 4 wheel boat trailer and did my own, a friend made me a simple tool to break the beads, and then I used long tyre levers. To inflate, I used the local garage's airline.

Try the breakers yard next to Ecclesfield police station, they sell and fit tyres.

I would add that these tyres were 165/13 so might have been a bit more pliable than the ones you may be using.

Archived