NHS Helpline/Doctors

Joanl

OK so I developed a bit of a pain that was bothering me a bit. I went onto my GP's surgery website to check out opening hours etc with it being a BH and came across a link to the NHS helpline.

I put in my symptons and answered their questions and it told me to see my GP immediately.

After the Bank Holiday,(yesterday) I phoned to make an appointment.

14th September.!....that's two weeks time....I could be dead by then. If the pain doesn't kill me the worry of it will. Some helpline huh :roll:

OK so I developed a bit of a pain that was bothering me a bit. I went onto my GP's surgery website to check out opening hours etc with it being a BH and came across a link to the NHS helpline.

I put in my symptons and answered their questions and it told me to see my GP immediately.

After the Bank Holiday,(yesterday) I phoned to make an appointment.

14th September.!....that's two weeks time....I could be dead by then. If the pain doesn't kill me the worry of it will. Some helpline huh :roll:

the helpine is sadly under the impression that everyones doctors will see you straight away. my doctors is the same its disgracefull the time you have to wait for an appointment. ours have a drop in now in a morning but you can only discuss one problem when you are there. so if i have hurt my foot and shoulder i can only ask them to treat one on that day and then i have to go back the next day to the drop in and ask them to treat the other :huh:

I'm going to ring and ask if they can call me if they have a cancellation but I'm sure they don't have that option in place. It wouldn't be so bad but it's a really big practice. I know its usually difficult to get an appt with one of the lady doctors but even the first chance of one of those was only the day before, so I said I may as well wait and see my own gp.

As UK student says, you could try the walk in centre.

I think I'm fortunately a bit lucky with my doctors. Rang a few weeks ago at 4:55pm to query a letter I'd had from the hospital and they offered me an appointment at 5:30 the same day :)

Do your Doctor's not release appointments if you phone at 8am in the morning? We have ones where you can book ahead .. but it's like you say, a good two weeks or more ... but if it's urgent they say ring at 8 am.

This is how our doctors work, if its urgent ring at 8 am and you get an appointment the same day.

Archived