Best restaurants on london road?

emmalollipop

• 1 month later...

Went to Saigon 68 today for lunch with 15 other people.

Very few managed to finish what was served up due to the enormous portions.

It was all lovely and the lunchtime menu really is a bargain at £6.99 for main, drink and fruit, but unless you are really starving I'd suggest having the Traditional Vietnamese Char Grilled dishes as these come with a lettuce and coriander side salad and vermicelli which is manageable, unlike the vast plates full of egg noodles, udon or rice that everyone else chose. It just seems a bit of a waste to me, although they do provide doggy bags for those who want.

what I like about Noodle Inn although i have not been there for a while, was the sise of the portions. A wet bowl of noodles and good too. exactly what you might expect to get in Singapore or Kuala Lumpur was good for 2. Too much for me to eat solo. And maybe $5.95.

those promo meals Wild Rice does, where there is good quality and generous portion of noodles, fried chicken and a can of coke for under a fiver are good too.

but I still miss the old China cafe on London Road which shut down in 2007. I used to eat there nearly every night. They just used to just fix me whatever they had available with noodles, and I'd say if I wanted it as soup or dry depending on how I wanted it. Pot of Chinese tea was well. All for £2. No wonder they went out of business.

• 3 weeks later...
The service is terrible though.

Oh dear, the service has always been excellent, and unobtrusive, for us at Wasabisabi.

Although I must admit we don't eat out often and it's been probably a year since we were last there.

Their sushi is pretty good, yet to try the teppenyaki tables. Anyone else has problems with service at Wasabisabi? Worth knowing about before we go back?

Archived