William Hague's special advisor resigns

On the other hand maybe he expects that other people should be as grown up as him?

We're talking about tabloid journalists, yet you expect "grown up" behaviour?

You have to ask yourself which world you would rather live in because there does come a point where you have to live as you see fit and if necessary lead by example.

It doesn't make any difference where I'd rather live. We have no choice. We must live in this reality.

God help us if sharing a twin room with a colleague is a sign of guilt, and if it is why didn't Labour ban them?

I don't know, or care.

The only people who seem to care are the media.

Or the anti-gay brigade.... Which reminds me.....

What do you have against homosexuals?

OK. Show me one post of mine where I have ever said I care one way or the other about what people do to each other in private. Go on. Just the one. When you've not been able to, I expect an apology.

Why would you care if Hague was gay?

Where did I say I did?

But you seem to be saying WH should not have shared a room simply because of how the tabloids would portray it

For pity's sake.

We live in a world where the press make stuff up. Whether I agree with it or not makes no difference. I was simply stating "how it is".

Or the anti-gay brigade.... Which reminds me.....

OK. Show me one post of mine where I have ever said I care one way or the other about what people do to each other in private. Go on. Just the one. When you've not been able to, I expect an apology.

Where did I say I did?

Apologise for what? You were asked a simple question, you were not accused of anything. All you have to do is say "nothing" if that is the case. Though if you have I must have missed it.

You were asked a simple question, you were not accused of anything.

And I chose to answer by asking you to show me any post on here, by myself, that shows I have anything against same sex relationships. Though your question was very accusatorial in tone.

All you have to do is say "nothing" if that is the case.

I don't need to. My posts on SF over the last 5 years or so will answer your rather idiotic question.

Again, read any post by me on here and show me where I have stated anything like this.

It's a straight forward question (pun not intended). Wouldn't it save you a lot of trouble if you just said "nothing", assuming that is the case? You don't need to prove anything, you can just respond to the question instead of getting aerated. The more you avoid giving the easy response the odder it looks.

It's a straight forward question (pun not intended). Wouldn't it save you a lot of trouble if you just said "nothing", assuming that is the case? You don't need to prove anything, you can just respond to the question instead of getting aerated.

Who's aerated? Certainly not me.

Though your veiled accusations (worded as questions) are a little annoying now.

As I said, find me any post, by me, that states the opposite (in fact, you should already know my answer if you'd ever read any thread on here which refernces homosexual behaviour).

You don't need to prove anything

Indeed.

Though your veiled accusations (worded as questions) are a little annoying now.

Nope, it's still just a simple little question. I've made no accusations - any inference is all your own.

Could you point me to a post where he says he has something, anything, against homosexuals? Because i can't see where you are getting that from.

Thanks for that.

I've been asking him to explain his reasoning for these accusations since yesterday, yet just get more of the same.

I expected more/better from an ex-admin.

FTR (and the terminally stupid).... I don't care what people do in private (whether hetro or homo). OK? Understand??

Something the late Harold MacMillan once said comes to mind. He said something like, "When I host a dinner party, and one of my guests continually proffeses his honesty, I instruct my butler to count the silver before he leaves the premises".

I don't see it nessesary to go on and on internitum about gay and lesbian folk, it makes me wonder why some folk do. :huh:

For pity's sake.

We live in a world where the press make stuff up. Whether I agree with it or not makes no difference. I was simply stating "how it is".

Fully understand what you are saying and I agree, it is how it is.

But.....if you don't agree with the way it is, the thing to do is to stand and say, actually he didn't do anything wrong.

Archived