William Hague's special advisor resigns

Dont forget William Hague never had a childhood.

Those of us remember him at that conference with Thatcher and all those other evil ones will never forget it.

He sounded like the replica of Harold Wilson.

It was horrendous to see how a young man was so indoctrinated.

And Thatchers leer over his shoulder was sick making.

Is it any wonder he is living out his childhood now, when he has the time and brass to do it.

Further, what difference does his sexuality make?

He was not consorting with enemy spys, or anything at all.

He is one of the wittiest, droll MPs we have.

I like him, from what the TV shows me, for all his stupid errors, and hope he resists the problems that beset him.

Having said that, it was a stupid error of judgement, that excludes him from the post of Foreign Secretary.

Imagine how this will be reported worldwide.

I agree with your assessment of Hague, despite being an avid anti-Tory, I like him. However, my personal views of him does not alter the fact that his private life is precisely that - private.

If he is breaking the law or taking a public anti-gay stance (which having searched his voting record, he has done) and therefore, being exposed as a hypocrite, I see it as little consequence. However, he is still entitled to hold his views on gay rights and be gay, if indeed he is. I am totally against public figures being outed and never liked this aspect of Tatchell's politics.

I am inclined to believe that any public figure who were conducting an illicit same sex relationship would not be openly sharing a hotel room, twin beds or otherwise. I do not agree that this error of judgement should or does exclude him from the post of Foreign Secretary. People have made some serious gaffes and faux pas and still retained high office, the only difference here is that is of a sexual nature and feeds the prurient British obsession.

Dont forget William Hague never had a childhood.

Those of us remember him at that conference with Thatcher and all those other evil ones will never forget it.

He sounded like the replica of Harold Wilson.

It was horrendous to see how a young man was so indoctrinated.

And Thatchers leer over his shoulder was sick making.

Is it any wonder he is living out his childhood now, when he has the time and brass to do it.

Further, what difference does his sexuality make?

He was not consorting with enemy spys, or anything at all.

He is one of the wittiest, droll MPs we have.

I like him, from what the TV shows me, for all his stupid errors, and hope he resists the problems that beset him.

Having said that, it was a stupid error of judgement, that excludes him from the post of Foreign Secretary.

Imagine how this will be reported worldwide.

yes , Tory Boy is witty, yes he is droll , yes he is destroying the fabric our welfare state and yes he and his kind will return this fair city to the heap of junk it was 15 years ago - and yes ,I can imagine how it will be reported worldwide and Tory Boy will have to face it personally cos he is the foreign secretary - how sweet is that!

yes , Tory Boy is witty, yes he is droll , yes he is destroying the fabric our welfare state and yes he and his kind will return this fair city to the heap of junk it was 15 years ago - and yes ,I can imagine how it will be reported worldwide and Tory Boy will have to face it personally cos he is the foreign secretary - how sweet is that!

I cannot disagree with you there.

He has only himself to blame, I was just in a forgiving mode.

As you must know, I would never want a tory government, but just think that Parliament would be a poorer place without some humour.

I cannot disagree with you there.

He has only himself to blame, I was just in a forgiving mode.

As you must know, I would never want a tory government, but just think that Parliament would be a poorer place without some humour.

My God Tory Boy is providing the humour today! I haven't smiled since the election - the tories are in, my heating boiler broke, I took the wet week off work, my daughter caught diarrhoea and sickness that I had to mop up and then - THIS -yippee - I've beamed all day, it won't stop the destruction of the education / NHS/ welfare state/ decent pensions etc, but it is very very enjoyable - go hague!

Two men share a twin room as someone else is paying the tab (in this case the tory party)? That's a story?

Try telling any employer that you won't share a twin room with a bloke on business and you'll be offered the alternative of paying for your own room, and the single supplements you'll both be charged.

NeuArbeit sorts would have doubtless booked a suite each but we're not talking about the people who got us into this mess but the people who will get us out. So the fact that they act like the rest of the working population gets them smeared as gays by the leftists who've been ******* our money up the wall for 13 years, no surprise there then.

Hmmm..." by the leftists" you claim?

It was the The Daily Mail last week and The Mail on Sunday this weekend which kicked off this story, plus the right-wing political blogger, Paul Staines (aka Guido Fawkes) who also ran with it.

I find it ironic that you complain about smearing and in the same sentence then smear "leftists" as the source of the smear. Untrue. Get your facts right. Apologise for your own smear.

Not to mention the only gay thing about this whole matter is those who think there's something gay about sharing a twin room with another bloke.

I'll stand hanging if any straight bloke on this website hasn't done it, other than those who have neither worked nor had a social life.

Only a gay would find anything gay about sharing a twin room with a pal or a workmate.

Whats that saying about protesting too much?

Amazing...

... the supporters of the party that rightly introduced gay marriage and civil partnerships seem to have found a puritanical streak as wide as their hypocrisy.

But at least they are assuming guilt before innocence is proven so they have strictly adhered to the party line there.

Which supporters are these? It seems as if it's the nasty right that are leading these particular rumours.

Archived