Does anyone have any History about the Norton Pub, Meadowhead?

built in 1928....you can see pictures of it on picture sheffield...berni inn from 1966 to 1990 then a beefeater restaurant.....no ghost in there that i ever saw.....but at the berni inn,old number 12,by the castle market...that was the place to find spooky carrying on

My uncle was landlord there (Old No.12) in the early 1950's, I used to stay there quite often but, I dodn't recall any ghosts, I'll ask my mother if she knows of any ghostly goings-on.

• 10 months later...
Does anyone have any History, information, memories or ghost stories about The Norton Pub on Meadowhead?

HI, I used to go dancing there in1945, when it was like the City Hall, full of yanks, and english lads did'nt have a chance of a pull, about that time a man named Brindle was the landlord, can't recall his first name, but very strangely we met him and his wife in an hotel in 1984 [which was his local], on the outskirts of Christchurch where they had retired to, l did'nt know him, we had exchanged the usual chitchat when he said are you from Sheffield "l nearly dropped" how did you know that l said,l was expecting him to say "your accent" but his reply was, just a guess really, l saw your Sheffield registration number as you drove in, during the chat, he never said anything about ghosts, but he was to come in there the next night and bring photos of the Norton Hotel, as it was called in those days, but as we were off the next morning so we never saw them. Cheers Arfer Mo.

Edited by Arfer Mo

HI, I used to go dancing there in1945, when it was like the City Hall, full of yanks, and english lads did'nt have a chance of a pull, about that time a man named Brindle was the landlord, can't recall his first name, but very strangely we met him and his wife in an hotel in 1984 [which was his local], on the outskirts of Christchurch where they had retired to, l did'nt know him, we had exchanged the usual chitchat when he said are you from Sheffield "l nearly dropped" how did you know that l said,l was expecting him to say "your accent" but his reply was, just a guess really, l saw your Sheffield registration number as you drove in, during the chat, he never said anything about ghosts, but he was to come in there the next night and bring photos of the Norton Hotel, as it was called in those days, but as we were off the next morning so we never saw them. Cheers Arfer Mo.

My mother and her sister used to go dancing there in the 40's, I'll ask her about the Yanks!

the Norton was the only pub that I knew sold Mackeson D--ie draught stout before it was a Berni Inn in the early/mid 60.s

Hi sd you must also remember the Bernie inn steaks of the mid to late 60s-boy they were out of this world and me and my fiancee went in there 3 times a week,a pretty little waitress used to allways make a beeline to serve us because i allways used to Tip her 10 shillings -quite a big tip in those days-it was a beautiful place in those days.:partyhat: