Lion' Lair: new menus

ccellis

Oh dear! - I do feel the need to come to the defence of ccellis and the Lion's Lair (well I am fancy, after all ;-)) as it is a nice friendly place with really good food. BUT it is just a bit daft to claim that they are unique in the City Centre - What about the Wig and Pen? Muse? Sola? etc etc etc

As for there being no nice back street pubs left , seems to me that there are still far too many authentic s**t-holes in Sheffield - come for a pub-crawl in Woodseats if you want proof! Bring on the leather sofas! Please!...

If you don't like being asked if you want a table, perhaps you're a little too sensitive to be spending time in a public house full stop ;)

I like the Lion's Lair, what's wrong with decent pub food in nice, traditional surroundings? There aren't very, very few places in the centre that even do decent food, let alone in such a non-pretentious atmosphere.

Originally posted by ccellis

Wow!

I didn't expect to come back to the computer and find that. I didn't think there is anything like Lion's Lair in the city centre. Can you tell me exactly where these places are please?

If you mean a poshish pub that sells food there is :

All Bar One

Wig & Pen

Lloyds #1

Sola

Bar Ha Ha (though I would rather starve than eat there)

If you don't like being asked if you want a table, perhaps you're a little too sensitive to be spending time in a public house full stop

No not really I just like a pub to be a pub, and fine if it serves food its not a problem, but I don't want to be made to feel like I have to eat surly that should be my decision. if I wanted restaurant service I certainly wouldn't visit a pub.

It's plain that the lions lair although its ok, is trying too hard, I have spoke to other people with regard to this and they to think its pushy!! back off let people make up their own minds. we know you serve beer and we know you serve food if we want to combine the two I'm sure that the majority of us are capable of taking that life changing option!!

Originally posted by behappy

my point wasnt about it being authentic or that the food wasnt good, just that the yorkey arms was good as it was - a rockers pub with a good jukebox, good DJ's and a good pint. im not knocking 'cool' bars/pubs just that there are way too many already.

wouldn't it be nice to go back to the good old days when we still shared bathwater...

Originally posted by littleboo

No not really I just like a pub to be a pub, and fine if it serves food its not a problem, but I don't want to be made to feel like I have to eat surly that should be my decision. if I wanted restaurant service I certainly wouldn't visit a pub.

It's plain that the lions lair although its ok, is trying too hard, I have spoke to other people with regard to this and they to think its pushy!! back off let people make up their own minds. we know you serve beer and we know you serve food if we want to combine the two I'm sure that the majority of us are capable of taking that life changing option!!

That's fair enough, really. I suppose that's the main problem with gastropubs, a little too much "gastro" at the expense of the "pub". Anyway, you should let the management know, they'll probably be glad of the feedback!

Archived