Lion' Lair: new menus

ccellis

Originally posted by nick2

chips are chips, the only difference at the Lions is the pretentious prices.

If you're after pub grub you can either pay six quid at your local pub for an awful meal or eight quid at the Lion's Lair for much, much better food. Can't fault it to be honest.

I have to agree with greenback on that one. There are plenty of pubs serving rubbish food for a fiver - sometimes two for a fiver! Just go to one of the others if you don't appreciate the extra effort that goes into the food at Lions Lair.

You gets what you pays for.

Originally posted by behappy

here here classic rock - its not been the same since you left!!! Sportsman does ok as does Nelson and Moorfoot Tavern. Hmmm three good rock venues as opposed to HOW MANY WINE BARS AND LOUNGE ROOMS!!!!.

I can't help but think of Alanis Morrisette when I read your posts and look at the name you use.

It must be horrible being surrounded by all those spoons when all you need is a knife. DAMN CUTLERY!!!!! Grrrrrr.....

Originally posted by ccellis

Thank you to those who have taken up our offer. It can't last forever so please strike while the iron's hot and get your table reserved!

Any feedback (about the food, drinks and service) would be appreciated.

Originally posted by ccellis

Watch this space for off peak offers on meals...

Have I missed something here ?

There have been several threads asking for the names of good restaurants in Sheffield and getting so few replies that it leaves you wondering if the reason is that there just aren't any!

Thyme used to be the only one and even there the service is not what it used to be when Victoria was front of house.

For such a happening city it is surprising.

I haven't tried the Lion's Lair yet, but certainly will after reading these posts.

I agree about the lack of decent pubs, though. Was it the Raven just off Division Street? Now another Irish pub....:(

Have just returned from town having given the Lion's Lair the once over.

I'm afraid it isn't for me.

The menu looks very "Pub Grub" with the emphasis on pies and steak. Lots of heavy looking food with no fish dishes except Fried fish and chips.

No lighter main dishes at all.

Perhaps a good place for those with huge appetites not concerned about their calorie intake!

Good luck, though.

Archived