A Shade Greener

I've recently looked at using A Shade Greener, but then I saw a news article about new solar PV technology being developed which are far far more efficient than the current generation, so I'm thinking it might make sense to wait a while longer and let the technology develop a little further before going into a 25 year agreement.

I've recently looked at using A Shade Greener, but then I saw a news article about new solar PV technology being developed which are far far more efficient than the current generation, so I'm thinking it might make sense to wait a while longer and let the technology develop a little further before going into a 25 year agreement.

Using that logic you'll never do it 'cos technology is improving all the time.. :)

Using that logic you'll never do it 'cos technology is improving all the time.. :)

That is true, but they're likely to be lighter and cheaper, meaning it could be more economical to buy outright and reap the feed in tariffs yourself rather than via a rent-a-roof thing like A Shade Greener.

• 11 months later...

Well I asked them to look at our house to see if we could have them fitted and they come back after an hour and said after looking on google maps our house is too shaded to have it fitted

Strange that, there are no trees near our house, no buildings that could cause shade so I'm guessing the engineer found a cloud that constantly sits above our house!! Our house is also facing directly south

Well I asked them to look at our house to see if we could have them fitted and they come back after an hour and said after looking on google maps our house is too shaded to have it fitted

Strange that, there are no trees near our house, no buildings that could cause shade so I'm guessing the engineer found a cloud that constantly sits above our house!! Our house is also facing directly south

Sounds like they've changed their restictions, used to be Ok if your roof faced 30 degrees either side of due South and a minimum roof size to accomodate 18 of their panels. I'd have another go at them if you are sure that the fall of your roof is due South with no obstuctions on your roof like chimneys or CH exhausts.

If you gave us your address we can have a look and see if they are right.:D

• 3 years later...

Ashadegreener came to my home today. He insisted on seeing my electric meteor fitted on the outside wall and had to get the key.

I have tried to contact the company but they done even supply a phone contact number. I have to send them a message. Im concerned about these two things as I am a widow and a pensioner.

Can someone tell me please if its ethical practise that they have to look at your electric meator. he has got me to sign a form. and everything seems so complicated.

Ashadegreener came to my home today. He insisted on seeing my electric meteor fitted on the outside wall and had to get the key.

I have tried to contact the company but they done even supply a phone contact number. I have to send them a message. Im concerned about these two things as I am a widow and a pensioner.

Can someone tell me please if its ethical practise that they have to look at your electric meator. he has got me to sign a form. and everything seems so complicated.

They have to have access to your meter and loft space to check that the fitting is possible. they all carry Identification cards that will show a contact number, so if they have not got these beware and do not give access. take vehicle details and ring the police.

Hi thank you for that. I have to say I now feel more reassured about what this gentleman did.:) Unfortunately I didnt think of looking on his badge to check his details. Though Ive looked on their website and unlike other professional companies they don't provide a contact number which is off putting and gives an impression they are trying to avoid people and their questions. After all most people like to hear a voice on the other end of the phone and usually avoid companies that appear to be partially anonymous. I cant help thinking they should be willing to let people ring them if they want to gain public confidence.

I wanted to check this person out a.s.a.p.