Only "dimwits" emigrate from Britain ..

I have just received my Visa for the USA.

In three weeks i will be sat in my new house in California.

Away from all the naysayers who only want to see people fail to make them feel better about themselves.

I am so glad to be leaving the UK and its negative ideals behind.

Yours Rich.

Completely agree, it's the "attitude" of England I loath, it's so depressing and negative, but then look at the state of the place, it's going down the pan, most people who live here can't afford to live here.

I leave in about 1 month, and I won't be back.

There is a whole world out there.

(cue typicaly English replies of "good riddance" etc. etc. etc. which only prove my point)

For once I disagree with the living legend.

I know several people who have emigrated to Oz, NZ and America. None of them would come back to the UK, even if they were promised several million pounds and a relationship with Holly Willoughby.

Away from all the naysayers who only want to see people fail to make them feel better about themselves.

Yours Rich.

Fantastic and good luck to you. :thumbsup:

To say I'm jealous would be a huge understatement....

I moved from England to the US over 40 years ago..good move, hard to explain the difference in life style untill you've lived here a few years, I think you need an awful lot of money to live in England the way you can live in the US on much less, even though the freebies are not given out like they are in England, you can live better.

ALso there's still that bit of snobbery from the middle class in England too, in the US you're not looked down on if you clean toilets for a living or work at Walmart, Burger King, waitress ect ect, this I noticed my first year working here as a waitress, you can even be a dimwitt" and not be looked down on :hihi:

Yours Rich.

Well I wouldnt have picked the USA - I'd have gone a little further north for Canada but you are right about the naysayers on here. Have a glourious time and enjoy the New World.

Archived