Only "dimwits" emigrate from Britain ..

Well I wouldnt have picked the USA - I'd have gone a little further north for Canada but you are right about the naysayers on here. Have a glourious time and enjoy the New World.

The opportunity has arisen because my dad is American and I have finally got round to getting the paperwork sorted. I work in Film and TV the work over here has dried up so I have decided to have a go over there for a while.

If it doesn't work out I can always come back. It can be so hard to emigrate to the US and I can do it quite easily so I would be foolish not to give it a go.

What would you do to make Britain (and Sheffield in particular) an even better place to live?

Well, I can't make the following happen, but they sure would be 'nice to haves'

I would like the sun to shine every day.

I would welcome people into the community who have integrity, honesty and compassion.

I would like the city planners to get their act together and make the city a beautiful and harmonious place.

Was this a thread for dreams or reality?

i think you have a better chance of 1 and 2 happening than you will ever have number 3 doing so

The opportunity has arisen because my dad is American and I have finally got round to getting the paperwork sorted. I work in Film and TV the work over here has dried up so I have decided to have a go over there for a while.

If it doesn't work out I can always come back. It can be so hard to emigrate to the US and I can do it quite easily so I would be foolish not to give it a go.

Is your dad an American as in born there, or has he got a citizenship card?

People who move abroad for the wrong reasons are dimwits. There are lots of these but there are also lots of people who move abroad after very careful consideration and planning. It is usually the latter that stay abroad and enjoy it.

I'm sure those "wrong reasons" were right to them at that time, I like living in the US and love the American people, but if I were much younger I would consider moving to Australia as I think Australias going to be the next superpower, also because Obamas slowly destroying the USA .

I'm sure those "wrong reasons" were right to them at that time, I like living in the US and love the American people, but if I were much younger I would consider moving to Australia as I think Australias going to be the next superpower, also because Obamas slowly destroying the USA .

With an intellect like your's you'll probably fit in well down Oz way!

Archived