Only "dimwits" emigrate from Britain ..

Points never came into it. I had assumed that as BOTC passports were being phased out that it would automatically be exchanged for a UK passport. Instead I was required to submit a full application as if I were an alien rather than someone from a British Territory.Instead I chose to join my parents in Canada where I was guaranteed Canadian citizenship. I am now dual Canadian/South African.

I got what I wanted from the UK which was a 1st in law from a world renound university, and if you want a good laugh, you paid for it. I have a house in Canada, a flat in Hong Kong and another in Sheffield, and can come and go pretty much as I please. I just don’t pay taxes in the UK

Sheffield city council might seize your flat if you dont pay taxes as a property owner. :hihi:

I got what I wanted from the UK which was a 1st in law from a world renound university, and if you want a good laugh, you paid for it. I have a house in Canada, a flat in Hong Kong and another in Sheffield, and can come and go pretty much as I please. I just don’t pay taxes in the UK

Hmmm must have been an esteemed establishment indeed!:cool:

You must have expected that though, surely it's the same in any country where they have a winter, it's not Canada's fault as such.

It was probably my fault more than anything. I was too gung ho to go more than likely but the immigration official at Canada House in London was partly to blame. I still remember his words

"At the moment there is a chronic shortage of skilled people in the construction trade. There is a great demand for bricklayers, plumbers, electricians and carpenters like yourself and you'll have no problem finding work whatsoever"

Average speed for Slovenia: 787.6 Kbps (25971 tests)

http://www.download-speed.org/speed-test/Slovenia

Average speed for United Kingdom: 1276.6 Kbps (54975 tests)

What's your source for the 100mbps connection.

South Korea is generally held up as the most well connected country in the world (in terms of fast internet).

http://www.techie.com.ph/news/south-korea-japan-have-highest-average-internet-connection-speeds

And that manages an average of 14.6mbps

There's certainly no problem with the UK system though, like any other country with a large legacy system it takes time for it to be upgraded.

I have 2 friends over there that claim 100mbps is the norm for households in their city.

You'd need a business line to get anywhere near that in Sheffield or anywhere in the Uk that I'm aware of (I'm not going to waste time putting too much research into it).

It's still shocking that we rank 35th on the global scale according to http://www.netindex.com/download/allcountries/ .

Even Europes poorest country has better speeds than us.

Must have been Leeds Poly!:D

I'll die laughing if she pees on your bonfire with.....Oxford or Cambridge!

Well done her I say for getting out.... before she really got in!

Only idiots or rich men say this country is any good! Well then....which one are you?

I'll die laughing if she pees on your bonfire with.....Oxford or Cambridge!

Well done her I say for getting out.... before she really got in!

Only idiots or rich men say this country is any good! Well then....which one are you?

Oxford or Cambridge..Sadly not. It was Aston actually. Apologies about my spelling I must confess it isn't great. But my schooling was in Afrikaans and not English, so I'll use that as my excuse.

Oxford or Cambridge..Sadly not. It was Aston actually. Apologies about my spelling I must confess it isn't great. But my schooling was in Afrikaans and not English, so I'll use that as my excuse.

Never mind. Well done you i say!

At least you are not stuck here in this loony-lefty, anti hard work, anti-establishment country that we are stuck with now. You've had a lucky escape.

I really wish i was 10 years younger....i'd risk the earth quakes in NZ, or the cold in Canada.....and that's not hot air...pardon the pun!

Archived