Problem with Noisey Neighbours, Advice Please

101 are a total waste of time if u ask me i had a similar incident where i used to live the council refused to do anythin at 1st but after filling out newsence forms for 6 weeks they were eventually taken to court and evicted from the house. i no its probably not the route u want to go down with them having a little girl but u have to look at it in the long run n how its goin 2 make u feel with work etc n lack of sleep id get fillin out the forms 4get the softy softy approach it clearly dont seem to work!!!!

good luck

Well, looks like the environmental health might have scared her abit.....

Saturday night should have been the house warming but that didn't happen and didn't hear a thing. Last night was the same however it was the first time I heard the child cry so I presume that last night was her child's first night in their new home.

I'd rather hear her child cry than what they were dishing out over the past view days, hopefully this may be an end to it but I doubt it.

Fingers Crossed! :) on another note, I'm having trouble sleeping as I'm worried/stressed that it may start again......anyone got any tips on how to get a decent nights sleep!? LOL

Thanks for all your comments guys :)

great news...and fingers crossed!

as for the sleeping, a warm drink before bed, get into bed half an hour before you 'plan' to be asleep and read a book to clear your brain of all the daily goings on.

the key is relaxing during the wind down to sleep :)

x

Think I spoke to soon - I'm gonna go insane!

Hardly slept last nite due to banging and thuding, running up and down stairs, shouting, laughing etc at least this time there was no music!

This went on till 4.20am although the noises wern't as loud as before but loud enough to keep us awake......am I being too picky now? the noises this time were not constant but frequent.....please someone be honest if I'm going over the top about this? Didnt ring 101 this time because my fella thought it wasnt loud enough to warrent a call.

I dont get it, why would people be up and down stairs, going out the front door with constant slaming of doors at this time in the morning!? and where has their child gone!?

I really am going out of my mind, this is starting to effect me and my life, I can't function at work coz I'm too tired and starting to get depressed :(

Think I spoke to soon - I'm gonna go insane!

Hardly slept last nite due to banging and thuding, running up and down stairs, shouting, laughing etc at least this time there was no music!

This went on till 4.20am although the noises wern't as loud as before but loud enough to keep us awake......am I being too picky now? the noises this time were not constant but frequent.....please someone be honest if I'm going over the top about this? Didnt ring 101 this time because my fella thought it wasnt loud enough to warrent a call.

I dont get it, why would people be up and down stairs, going out the front door with constant slaming of doors at this time in the morning!? and where has their child gone!?

I really am going out of my mind, this is starting to effect me and my life, I can't function at work coz I'm too tired and starting to get depressed :(

Hi Tara. Makes you wonder when these people sleep? I'd personally buy some ear plugs & start the same about half an hour after the noise had stopped coming in the other direction......but that's just me. You tried to be friendly & civil with these people & it's got you nowhere! Saying that you''ve gone through official channels & you've got to give that a go.

Some will say that doing the same just makes you as bad as them, but what option do you have when you've tried to reason?

I really feel for you because although the authorities have to follow a procedure, it's long winded. That doesn't help you and your family when you are trying to get your sleep to get up for work the next day!

Hi Tara. Makes you wonder when these people sleep? I'd personally buy some ear plugs & start the same about half an hour after the noise had stopped coming in the other direction......but that's just me. You tried to be friendly & civil with these people & it's got you nowhere! Saying that you''ve gone through official channels & you've got to give that a go.

Some will say that doing the same just makes you as bad as them, but what option do you have when you've tried to reason?

I really feel for you because although the authorities have to follow a procedure, it's long winded. That doesn't help you and your family when you are trying to get your sleep to get up for work the next day!

Probably during the day when everyone else is out at work.

Not forgetting to wake up in time for Jeremy Kyle though :hihi:

No, you aren't being too picky/going over the top at all!

4.20am is WAYYYYYYYYY too late (especially on a work day)

Contact the Landlord/Council and keep a diary of everytime there is noise problems.

Think you have to do it for 6 weeks and then they will do something.

101 are a total waste of time if u ask me i had a similar incident where i used to live the council refused to do anythin at 1st but after filling out newsence forms for 6 weeks they were eventually taken to court and evicted from the house. i no its probably not the route u want to go down with them having a little girl but u have to look at it in the long run n how its goin 2 make u feel with work etc n lack of sleep id get fillin out the forms 4get the softy softy approach it clearly dont seem to work!!!!

good luck

How is that a waste of time? :loopy: You got the result you wanted

No, you aren't being too picky/going over the top at all!

4.20am is WAYYYYYYYYY too late (especially on a work day)

Contact the Landlord/Council and keep a diary of everytime there is noise problems.

Think you have to do it for 6 weeks and then they will do something.

Yep, got the diary already up and running, typed this up at work and jst keep adding to it day by day, I'm a sort of person that if I don't get my sleep then everyone needs to stay away from me!! I dont want to be that person everyday of my life! :mad:

Exactly, when the hell do they sleep!? what normal person is awake at 4.20am!? apart from people that work night shifts etc! These people definately do not work!! think they should be on Jeremy Kyle - they fit the stereotype! ouch!

I've wanted to put the tv/stereo on full blast when we get up in the morning, so so tempting!! however if I do this it will probably go against us with reporting the problem offically etc so best not to :(

Last night I went to bed at 7pm and woke up this morning at 7am! wowsa! thought I'd take advantage since the nuisance neighbours were not home! :)

Archived