Vaginal thrush, painful

A good old regular wash is probably the cheapest ;)

But as its going to be pointed out 'what do I know ?'

Hate to be predictible and point out the obvious but clearly not a lot!!

Washing does nothing to fight thrush as the problem is internal mainly and over washing can actually irritate it even more.

The pill is called Canesten duo and has a pill and cream. The pill treats the cause teh cream treats the symptoms.

It's really common with certain types of anti-biotics and is down right horrible. I remember the first time I got it (as a result of said anti-biotics) and I felt really skanky but the Dr reassured me it's just one of those things and in no way a reflection on me (I was 15 at the time)

If you are struggling go to the walk in either at the Hallamshire or the new GP centre which is walk in also just on Rockingham street (down the side of West Street Live) they will each to you a prescription

The pill is called Canesten duo and has a pill and cream. The pill treats the cause teh cream treats the symptoms.

It's really common with certain types of anti-biotics and is down right horrible. I remember the first time I got it (as a result of said anti-biotics) and I felt really skanky but the Dr reassured me it's just one of those things and in no way a reflection on me (I was 15 at the time)

If you are struggling go to the walk in either at the Hallamshire or the new GP centre which is walk in also just on Rockingham street (down the side of West Street Live) they will each to you a prescription

Oh yeah that is a pessery which comes with the canestan combi, i had one of those last night. Symptoms arent any better today but hopefully will do shortly :)

My advice would be to get yourself down to Boots, Buy a pessary or get one on the minor ailments scheme if you don't pay for prescriptions. Jump in the bath, pop the pessary in and stay laid down until the morning. This keeps the little tablet in place and gives it chance to work x

And as discussed last night, no scratching or rubbing of any sort, no matter how bad the itch. When you have to wash, lukewarm water splashed gently with your hand rather than a flannel or sponge, again with no rubbing, followed by a dab with a towel.

The tissues are really delicate and you stand a chance of doing real damage with the 'itch scratch cycle' inflammation, as well as making the symptoms appear to last longer. What you assume is untreated thrush is actually just the itch scratch cycle persisting.

If you really can't control your urge to scratch then cut off your finger nails and go and sit on an ice pack!

• 3 years later...