Morrissey making negative race comments

I think that a few more people should employ the 'Sir Chris Hoy' approach when talking about anything in public, which avoids a sizeable minority of your viewing/listening/reading public forming an opinion of you that you are talking out of the wrong orifice.

In the run up to the Beijing Olympics lots of people raised issues about humanitarian and political issues in China and his answer was 'I ride a bike for a living. Why not just let me get on with that and do it well, rather than involve me in politics I can't change?' which I thought was a perfect answer to the dilemma that athletes found themselves in during the time deciding whether to compete or not.

Way too many celebrities spout opinions which leave the listener in no doubt that they aren't as intelligent as they think they are.

Come on, nothing is that simple or can be covered generally in that way.

The world is far more complex than that, its like saying we are all mammals so should all just eat vegetables. Some support Wednesday and some support United, but we are all Sheffielders, that kind of argument doesn't work during a derby.

The world is far from complex. It's a beautiful world.

The human mind is exceedingly complex and all "problems" begin and end inside it. :)

I just wondered what people's thoughts were on Morrissey's latest pronouncements. I've posted the link to an article regarding this.

Morrisy has been accused of being a racist **** for nearly thirty years, it's not really news in 2010.

That's a good point, maybe sapiens need a common enemy? We might be well motivated towards each other following an alien invasion ;)

Thats a good point BF even if it may have been said tongue-in-cheek......even though we have made the planet a much smaller place with jet air travel we still define ourselves in the smallest of terms e.g Wednesday / United......south Sheffield / North Sheffield etc

Thats a good point BF even if it may have been said tongue-in-cheek......even though we have made the planet a much smaller place with jet air travel we still define ourselves in the smallest of terms e.g Wednesday / United......south Sheffield / North Sheffield etc

So true Bedders, although I would donate some pee to a Wednesdayite if he were on fire :hihi:

I struggle with a trip to the shop :D

But the point what your making isn't necessarily so, with training and exorcize both you and the Aborigine could do the others task. Even Iron age man could be taught to use a pc they reckon, our brains have not changed that much in thousands of years, so race would be irrelevant when it came to mental capacity.

But race is relevant when it comes to physical capacity. Black Africans are clearly superior physically as you will witness by watching any athletics event.

No it's a thread about a daft Mancunian who lives in Rome and Los Angeles and apparently thinks that there are too many foreigners in England.

Nicely put Tony, for once we are in agreement;)

You could also have added that he is a descendant of Irish immigrants too!

Archived