Christchurch Quake

What an absolutely pathetic thread, to use the misery of an earthquake to start yet another rant about Islam. Some people just cannot stoop too low.

We only have your evidence for that.

If you call stating concrete facts as ranting, then you are well off the mark.

Here's a list of countries and organisations who provided relief assistance to the USA following Hurricane Katrina in 2005, it's quite a long list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_response_to_Hurricane_Katrina

I'm actually quite surprised at the number of countries on that list - Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, India, Turkey, Qatar ($100 million), Afghanistan, Kuwait ($500 million), UAE ($100 million) all donated money either directly, or indirectly via the red cross.

I probably shouldn't have, but I'd always assumed that islamic nations wouldn't generally be providing aid (in such vast quantities) to the USA.

For the NZ earthquake, I'm sure relief will come - however, no-one has been reported as dead yet, and as pointed out already, NZ is used to dealing with earthquakes. The need for urgent relief effort is much less than in the Pakistan floods, the Boxing Day Tsunami, the Haiti earthquake and even the New Orleans disaster.

Here's a list of countries and organisations who provided relief assistance to the USA following Hurricane Katrina in 2005, it's quite a long list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_response_to_Hurricane_Katrina

Thereby proving my point.

The only reason individuals need to give up their money is to give themselves a rosy glow, and gain brownie points with their god.

You have already contributed via your taxes, enabling that money to sent where it is not needed.

Archived