Witness Statements Question

I wonder if there are any 'people in the know' out there who can help me with this.

A pal of mine was a witness to a number of crimes committed by the same person (a neighbour) and it's going to court. The 'person' has been served the papers, among which were the statements of my pal.

My question is will the statements have my pals name and address on them as she has very grave concerns about repercussions in the time between the papers being served and the court date next week?

I wonder if there are any 'people in the know' out there who can help me with this.

A pal of mine was a witness to a number of crimes committed by the same person (a neighbour) and it's going to court. The 'person' has been served the papers, among which were the statements of my pal.

My question is will the statements have my pals name and address on them as she has very grave concerns about repercussions in the time between the papers being served and the court date next week?

I would imagine so. The accused has every right to see the accusation against them and that includes knowign who the witnesses are so they can prepare an appropriate defence.

If she has serious concerns about someone intimidating her she should advise the court without delay - she should have a number for the Witness service at the court and that is who to ring. Of course if said person does actually start she phones the police and tells them she is a witness that is being intimidated - they crack down hard on that sort of thing.

Archived