I've decided to become a vegetarian

...If humans didn't eat meat, that animal would be out in the wild where it would likely be torn to shreds by a natural predator and left sometimes for days in excruciating agony...

Not exactly, Paul. If humans didn't eat meat, that cow, pig, sheep, chicken or whatever, wouldn't exist in the first place. Most meat eaten today isn't wild in any sense (although it may be a bit angry at being eaten).

Not exactly, Paul. If humans didn't eat meat, that cow, pig, sheep, chicken or whatever, wouldn't exist in the first place. Most meat eaten today isn't wild in any sense (although it may be a bit angry at being eaten).

I don't disagree with that, but the same principle still exists. If humans don't kill and eat the animal, another animal probably will and won't be thinking of doing it in an ethical way.

I don't disagree with that, but the same principle still exists. If humans don't kill and eat the animal, another animal probably will and won't be thinking of doing it in an ethical way.

That "principle" doesn't exist at all as your "principle" doesn't reflect reality.

Most meat comes from animals which were specifically bred and raised (often in most unpleasant factory farms) so they could be killed and eaten. As such your claim that "If humans don't kill and eat the animal, another animal probably will" as if people didn't eat meat all those millions of animals would never be artificially created to endure short pain filled lives before being slaughtered.

If he eats eggs in what fashion is he a vegetarian?

He is eating animal foetuses.

That is worse than eating the dead meat of the grown animal.

Very few of us eat wild animals, I dont think I have ever eaten the meat of one.

The animals we eat are bred for the purpose, slaughtermen and butchers do our dirty work for us.

My meat is given to me, at the butchers counter, as a piece of meat.

Dont think where it came from, get it eaten, and enjoy.

clearly an idiot.

clearly wrong.

eggs are more like chicken period! yum!

rubbish, they are bred and selected from wild animals 1000's or hundreds of years ago....

i like meat, i eat meat, my dogs eat meat, they like meat, my cats like meat, they eat even more meat

Ah, but humans are blessed with ethics. It's a cross we have to bear.

That "principle" doesn't exist at all as your "principle" doesn't reflect reality.

Most meat comes from animals which were specifically bred and raised (often in most unpleasant factory farms) so they could be killed and eaten. As such your claim that "If humans don't kill and eat the animal, another animal probably will" as if people didn't eat meat all those millions of animals would never be artificially created to endure short pain filled lives before being slaughtered.

short lives yes, old meat isnt as nice.

Correct; I'm guilty of putting words in your mouth.

please put a steak in mine :-)

Archived