British women are branded the 'ugliest in the world'

Looks like Turkey, for some unknown reason, is in the lead. And why is Eastern Europe just lumped into one category?

Anyway, it's totally sexist (not aimed at you, btw).

It's sexist, it's racist, it classifies half of Europe as a single country, it's biased, it's a live poll, it has only 7 options when there are nearly 200 countries.

It's probably the sloppiest bit of journalism I've ever seen.

The person who writ the article should be shot.

I suspect that it's based upon a stereotype, a la Fat Slags, Waynetta, Vicky Pollard et al. Either that or the hordes of hen night women seen here and abroad, teetering about in shoes they can't walk in, too tight clothes, fake tans, caked in make-up, off their faces and behaving in a loud and raucous manner, considered by some it would appear, inappropriate and unbefitting of the decorum required of a young lady.

I agree though that sounds a bit stuffy. I remember balancing in platform shoes and going out in the middle of winter in a mini skirt. Never had a tattoo, though I fancied one, then I look at women with wrinkly arms like mine who have got them and I think I'm glad I didn't have one !

It's sexist, it's racist, it classifies half of Europe as a single country, it's biased, it's a live poll, it has only 7 options when there are nearly 200 countries.

Agreed, it's really rather pathetic.

If someone wanted to do a serious study about women's nationality and beauty (heaven forbid), then surely a better starting point would be to look at winners of Miss World over the years? No doubt, somewhere (I refuse to google it!) someone has done this. Obviously, you could not extrapolate from that who the 'ugliest' are but someone somewhere would reach that conclusion. The more I think about this stupid poll, the more distasteful I find it!

If someone wanted to do a serious study about women's nationality and beauty (heaven forbid), then surely a better starting point would be to look at winners of Miss World over the years? No doubt, somewhere (I refuse to google it!) someone has done this. Obviously, you could not extrapolate from that who the 'ugliest' are but someone somewhere would reach that conclusion. The more I think about this stupid poll, the more distasteful I find it!

start an SF sexiest/ugliest women poll, of the world/uk/yorkshire ;)

If someone wanted to do a serious study about women's nationality and beauty (heaven forbid), then surely a better starting point would be to look at winners of Miss World over the years? No doubt, somewhere (I refuse to google it!) someone has done this. Obviously, you could not extrapolate from that who the 'ugliest' are but someone somewhere would reach that conclusion. The more I think about this stupid poll, the more distasteful I find it![/QUOTE]

Likewise, it has got to be one of the most inaccurate polls that i've come across!

I work in a hospital, people are not allowed to smoke or do anything untowards inside.

Instead they go just outside to do these things.

The fat tatooed smoking women are the worst.

Foul language, spitting and glaring, even at us engineers, because we we have a basic uniform with ID, is sickening.

Their boyfriends are in A&E from their previous nights escapades.

We are trying to get them back on the road again, and still they despise us.

These kind of people make me sick.

You've hit the nail on the head.

These moronic idiots are the type of people that give the country a bad name. Claiming off the state for their booze and fags, visiting Spain causing all sorts of problems showing no respect for local laws yet they are hypocritical enough (or just dense) to have a go at anyone from outside the UK coming here.

How on earth is it racist?!

Archived