5 year old has lost his glasses - do we have to pay for replacements?

I don`t think you will get a replacement voucher from the optitions,I get my contacts and pay monthly if these are lost or damaged they will replace them at no cost to myself but this is on a scheme im in. Glasses I think you will have to pay to replace them unless they insured them .Give them a call.

i work in a opticians if your child is under 16 he can have a replacement voucher as many times as you need it its a pink form you will have to sign. some opticians will sometimes charge for the frame but most will have free frames for children, lenses are always coverd by the NHS.

There's a special case for children warrior8. It's a fact of life that children aren't as careful with their things as adults and that things DO go missing. Would you rather that parents of children were put in a position where they couldn't afford to replace glasses that their child needed in order to progress at school?

Archived