What happened to fiveways motel owler Bar

Ron King

If you type 'Fiveways Motel' into Search, you'll get loads of threads that mention it. Including one by your very own self! ;)

We used to drive out there after closing time in Sheffield, it was ok as the 5ways but then it turned into Fannys (a poor man's Playboy copy) and became really naff.

Nothing bettered the Nether Edge TurnUps, imo. The ideal pub cum disco for the slightly older crowd. We had some good nights in there.

Had some great nights at fiveways mid 70s, because of its location it did'nt seem to attract the yob element and always had a good crowd. Remember the pie & peas served through the hatch at 11.00!. Had a real good snog one night with a gorgeous girl who afterwards told me she had chicken pox- within three days I was bedridden!, still rather that type of pox than the other!!.

It's the Moorlands now and in my opinion a load of tripe, wish it was still Fannys...

i worked there when it was Fannys, but that when it was under the first owners, Gerry and Paula Palfreyman. Les Vickers is a cxxt so i never worked for him

i worked there when it was Fannys, but that when it was under the first owners, Gerry and Paula Palfreyman. Les Vickers is a cxxt so i never worked for him

Do you remember the cocktail bar/restaurant to the left as you went in?

I think the barmaid was called Avril Ball...I remember the Palfreymans.

Do you remember the cocktail bar/restaurant to the left as you went in?

I think the barmaid was called Avril Ball...I remember the Palfreymans.

i worked in the actual club itself, not the restaurant. The cocktail people in the club was Nigel, Mike and myself before the Vickers took over. They just wanted all female staff. i left there and went to work in the pubs in the town centre. Gerry Pafreyman was a good bloke, i liked him, he was a good man to work for

Had some great nights at fiveways mid 70s, because of its location it did'nt seem to attract the yob element and always had a good crowd. Remember the pie & peas served through the hatch at 11.00!. Had a real good snog one night with a gorgeous girl who afterwards told me she had chicken pox- within three days I was bedridden!, still rather that type of pox than the other!!.

We did pie and peas/chicken and chips

to get round the licence Les would cook i would give out good old days

i worked in the actual club itself, not the restaurant. The cocktail people in the club was Nigel, Mike and myself before the Vickers took over. They just wanted all female staff. i left there and went to work in the pubs in the town centre. Gerry Pafreyman was a good bloke, i liked him, he was a good man to work for

It was fiveways before Pafreyman took it over as FANNYSand they tried to go up market and Les bought it back when they went bust

Archived