What happened to fiveways motel owler Bar

Ron King

Well well well, you old so n so Ron, it's your old mate oriel here, glad you thought we were sexy barmaids, didn't we have some great times?Any way Les and Betty bought it back from them at the price they had sold it atand ran it still as Fannies,they still had Barrow boys on Commercial st. Where i worked till they bought the club back then went to work there,my daughter Abbie was never a barmaid, she couldn't add up,but Lise was,though Abbie was there most nights. Do you remember Pete Rutherford, he was always with Betty,well he came in as manager,of the club, Georgio, the red haired Italion bloke, ran the restaurant and also victor, who later had Mario's on Abbeydale rd.It was poor Barry Vickers who sufford most. When Lesssss bought the Ark Royal for scrap Barry went up to cut it up but fell from the deck and smashed his pelvis but survived,his daughtersome tyears later had his first grandchild, a little girl, but sadly she died of cot death at 22mths,it broke his heart.Les and Betty I believe retired to their place in bermuda.He bo7ght his daughter Lisa a nightclub in Rotherham for her 21ST Pete died about 9yrs ago from cancer he was only in his 40's. Big scot George bought the Mulbery after Mick left,take care luv and send us a message

peter was a bugger I remember when he filled the beer barrals with water and diluted the spirits sorry to hear he passed on very young

How is Lisa when I knew her she had husband and lived in winkerbank

when it was Fannys I had some very good meals with Les and Betty and I loved old mrs vickers I used to visit her ost weeks but she was lonely at cockshutt farm not easy for he to get out

I am also very pleased you are well have you new husband

So lovely to hear from you Ron, no I don't have a new or any other kind of husband, just changed back to my maiden name,have not had a husband since i was 25 and like it that way. Had quite a few other peoples husbands but not one of my own.hope I brought you up to date on things. I don't live in Sheffield anymore, it's too much like Dodge City, travelled the World for last 20 years, but finally settled in East Yorkshire,have 2 homes here ,1 caravan and a bungalow,still go to Gym 3 days a week,to keep fit,but am now 72,I hope you are well and as happy as I am,we had some great times didn't we. do you remember that retarded bloke SteVEN,we had to sort his room out with masks,rubber gloves etc, it was disgusting do you have an email address lots of love and well wishes

As for old mrs Vickers, I loved her too, she had the bungalow next to motel in my time, she was a real Lady,I used to bake tarts etc and we would have afternoon tea together

I knew your Daughters Avril, Lisa and Debbie and used to go to your house on Lowedges, we used to go to fiveways a lot.

Can anyone remember when Crichey smashed Swaboda's yank car up on the way home?, also when they had Italian Ted as manager?.

Well well well, you old so n so Ron, it's your old mate oriel here, glad you thought we were sexy barmaids, didn't we have some great times?Any way Les and Betty bought it back from them at the price they had sold it atand ran it still as Fannies,they still had Barrow boys on Commercial st. Where i worked till they bought the club back then went to work there,my daughter Abbie was never a barmaid, she couldn't add up,but Lise was,though Abbie was there most nights. Do you remember Pete Rutherford, he was always with Betty,well he came in as manager,of the club, Georgio, the red haired Italion bloke, ran the restaurant and also victor, who later had Mario's on Abbeydale rd.It was poor Barry Vickers who sufford most. When Lesssss bought the Ark Royal for scrap Barry went up to cut it up but fell from the deck and smashed his pelvis but survived,his daughtersome tyears later had his first grandchild, a little girl, but sadly she died of cot death at 22mths,it broke his heart.Les and Betty I believe retired to their place in bermuda.He bo7ght his daughter Lisa a nightclub in Rotherham for her 21ST Pete died about 9yrs ago from cancer he was only in his 40's. Big scot George bought the Mulbery after Mick left,take care luv and send us a message

I have sent you private pm with my email

I was in there one night in 1974, when the bloke in charge started screaming about everyone and closed it. Who would that have been ?

not sure time has gone by but it does not sound like Les I am not sure at that time if it was fiveways or fannys

hi alex, if you came to my house ,that almost makes you family,I remember the incident you mentioned very well, good for chichie, swavoda was a nasty little sod. He once took a womans handbag from the wine bar when she wasn't looking, went to gents and did a "dump" in it and put it back under her table. We had some good times didn't we?, I haven't seen 3 of my daughter for some years now, only keep in contact with Avril, or Abbie as we call her

• 2 weeks later...
Hey nan hope ya well...

To Ron... Lise is my mum and we never lived at Wincobank lol you must be mistaken...

Hi

yourgrandmother is Oriel?

sorry I am not sure witch 1 but 1 of he 3 girls live at wincobank with he husband and baby i thought it was Lisais she the middle 1 or the older 1

Archived