Bingleys in Grimesthorpe

greasychipbu

Does anyone remember the Bingley family that lived on grimesthorpe road during the 1950-1960? Also any old grimesthorpe photos please?

i vaguely remember them,i lived on hunsley st.if you go on the thread (anyone come from grimesthorpe ) you will get more help on there and possibly photo's.hope it helps.

Does anyone remember the Bingley family that lived on grimesthorpe road during the 1950-1960? Also any old grimesthorpe photos please?

------------------

HI YA, I LIVED IN GRIMESTHORPE IN THE 60s, AND LIVED IN CYCLOPS ST

BACK TO BACK HOUSES.

OVER OUR BACK WALL WAS A BINGLEY FAMILY AND HAD A SON CALLED

JOHN, HE DIED YOUNG AT ABOUT 14 YRS OF AGE IN THE OR AROUND

1960 TO 65.

GRIMESTHORPE RD WAS VERY LONG AND HE LIVE HALFWAY UP FROM

GRIMESTHORPE CLUB IF YOU KNEW IT.

I don't know any of the Bingleys that lived where people have mentioned in the previous posts, the Bingley family that I knew lived on Grimesthorpe rd opposite Gled(h)alls greengrocers shop, they had a son Ken who was big buddies with Kenny George who lived next to the greengrocers. If you were at the junction of Botham st, Botham st north, Cyclops st and Grimesthorpe rd there was a beer off owned by Mr and Mrs Holmes (at that time), if you proceeded up Grimesthorpe rd on the right hand side, the houses were elevated with steps up to a little garden frontage next to a wide genell, thats where the Bingleys lived.

I don't know any of the Bingleys that lived where people have mentioned in the previous posts, the Bingley family that I knew lived on Grimesthorpe rd opposite Gled(h)alls greengrocers shop, they had a son Ken who was big buddies with Kenny George who lived next to the greengrocers. If you were at the junction of Botham st, Botham st north, Cyclops st and Grimesthorpe rd there was a beer off owned by Mr and Mrs Holmes (at that time), if you proceeded up Grimesthorpe rd on the right hand side, the houses were elevated with steps up to a little garden frontage next to a wide genell, thats where the Bingleys lived.

You got that about right,but i think it was Geoff not Ken who was mates with Kenny George. There was a few Bingley familys lived on grimesthorpe rd some got married and still lived in the area.

Geoff,George,Harry,Bert,Olive,Ethil and Kath and i would like to hear from anyone who knew them

Does anyone remember the Bingley family that lived on grimesthorpe road during the 1950-1960? Also any old grimesthorpe photos please?[/quote

-----------

HI YA, JUST WONDERED IF YOU LIVED IN GRIMESTHORPE RD,

I KNEW OF AN OLIVE BINGLEY JUST ROUND THE CORNER FROM THE SHOP

I THINK SHE HAD A DAUGHTER CALLED SHARON AND MARRIELD A CHAP

CALLED TOYNE.

fleetwood did you know bob inchcliff he lived up bothem st north and bernard ward did as well bye

Hi tin man - The name is familiar but cannot put a face to it, on Botham st north I knew Colin Wilkison, Graham Oates, Wag Jenks (might have been Jenkinson), Peter Gill. Getting back to the Bingleys the Lowe family lived next to them who's son was Charlie (I think), also a mate of Kenny George and his brother Derek. The ladies around there were Sybil Hodge and Peggy Parnell.

Archived