Vitamins for tiredness

I swear by Quest Super Once a Day (timed release). It is expensive, but it is worth it for me. Can't say you feel amazing when taking it, but when I run out I start to notice the difference after about a week. We take them because as much as we'd like to always eat the healthiest food, we mostly don't.

Is he getting enough sleep? Or maybe having to face more stress than usual? I know that makes me feel really tired, vitamins or not! Hope you get to the bottom of it and that he feels better soon.

Perhaps your Husband could do with a quick check up at the Doctor's, but some vitamins can't hurt.

It's not a vitamin but I have taken St John's Wort for years and it does help to give energy and helps mild depression.

Do you get the worts from live or dead people :hihi:

My doctor told me vitamins in tablet forms were a complete waste of money. Your diet should provide all you need so long as you eat plenty of fresh fruit/veg and a good balance of other healthy foods. If your hubby is feeling tired and run down for no reason and you have already been to docs then take a good look at his diet. For a quick pick me up he could try Berrocca. Out of interest - are there any other symptoms and did the docs do a thyroid function test?

My doctor told me vitamins in tablet forms were a complete waste of money. Your diet should provide all you need so long as you eat plenty of fresh fruit/veg and a good balance of other healthy foods. If your hubby is feeling tired and run down for no reason and you have already been to docs then take a good look at his diet. For a quick pick me up he could try Berrocca. Out of interest - are there any other symptoms and did the docs do a thyroid function test?

Yeah he a thyroid test for under active and over active thyroid. It is his diet. To be honest neither of us eat our 5 a day, but i find its more difficult than it sounds to b quite honest to eat a perfectly healthy healthy diet, especially at work and stuff. I assume millions of people around the world are the same, hence the vitimin market being so large.

Just a case of picking the right one, liquid multivitamins seem few and far between and from my experience the tablets tend to be horse like and taste bleeding horrible!

Food doesn't tend to be nearly as nutritious as it used to be. I'd advise to take a good multi and vit C. The recommended daily allowance is the amount one is thought to need before one suffers from a deficiency of that particular vitamin, not a therapeutic dose, so many multis seem to have very high doses. Also take plenty of omega 3 in the form of fish oil or flax/hemp seed oil.

Food doesn't tend to be nearly as nutritious as it used to be. I'd advise to take a good multi and vit C. The recommended daily allowance is the amount one is thought to need before one suffers from a deficiency of that particular vitamin, not a therapeutic dose, so many multis seem to have very high doses. Also take plenty of omega 3 in the form of fish oil or flax/hemp seed oil.

This is the problem, finding a 'good' multi one. What people take who have told me arent good! The one i have found which looks good is in america and is expensive to buy over here like on ebay and stuff.

Archived