Batfink Needs A New Home!

Jozafeen

Batfink, South Yorkshire's biggest Goth/Alternative/EBM night, is being made homeless after its last night at Aqua on October 7th. This is due to Aqua being turned into a comedy club.

We're desperately looking for a new venue for a Friday or Saturday night. Must hold about 300, be 'alternative' friendly, have a decent dancefloor and preferably CD decks and lights.

I've tried a few places but wondered if any of you lovely peeps could suggest somewhere please!

Originally posted by JohnM

Have you tried DnR Live (fka Under the boardwalk)... thats about 300 capacity and has a latish license

It's a great venue for live gigs but isn't the right layout for us as a club with lots of dancing. I'm hoping to put some gigs on there early next year though - it's perfect for that!

Is Club Zero not an option?

Razor Stiletto is once a month and has a home there (or did last time I went a few months ago). Perhaps Batfink could take a weekend night there once a month too?

I suppose both student unions are taken up with their own events too at the weekends? I was thinking of something along the lines of Bleach at Sheffield uni which isn't student only....

Also, I have no idea if it is suitable as it is years since I've been in but what about The Point (previously "Under the Boardwalk") on Snig Hill?

Failing that, maybe it could retreat to the Nelson until a bigger venue is found?

EDIT: Ah just read the post above about Under the Boardwalk...oops!

Originally posted by Leviathan

Is Club Zero not an option?

Also, I have no idea if it is suitable as it is years since I've been in but what about The Point (previously "Under the Boardwalk") on Snig Hill?

Failing that, maybe it could retreat to the Nelson until a bigger venue is found?

Zero, soon to be The Plug, is promoting its own events when it reopens and The Point is D'n'R Live mentioned above.

We already run Everfink every Thursday at The Nelson and it's great but not for a nightclub :P

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Jozafeen

Batfink, South Yorkshire's biggest Goth/Alternative/EBM night, is being made homeless after its last night at Aqua on October 7th. This is due to Aqua being turned into a comedy club.

We're desperately looking for a new venue for a Friday or Saturday night. Must hold about 300, be 'alternative' friendly, have a decent dancefloor and preferably CD decks and lights.

I've tried a few places but wondered if any of you lovely peeps could suggest somewhere please!

Hi josie, stewart here, you know the bar manager that you thought brought you good luck. i hope you find another new home you deserve it you gave your effort 100 %

Archived