Suggestions for a 100yr old birthday present

Oooh yes- that reminds me. I'm not sure that they do get their card from the queen automatically these days. It's certainly worth checking out, but I seem to remember being told that someone has to apply for it rather than it being sent automatically now.

I had to apply for my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary card from the queen and I have vague recollections of it from that.

Hey... thanks for that I will have to check with the family. I always thought the information came from Sommerset House! Also thanks for all the sugestions please keep them coming

I just checked and you're right .

You have to apply for a birthday message now . Easiest way is to download the application form from http://www.royal.gov.uk and return it no sooner than 3 weeks before the celebration date .

Thanks I've downloaded all that stuff just now I will let the family have the form and stuff.

The newspaper idea sounds a good one where do I get that from?

Archived