DVLA licence check

Can anyone tell me how I go about getting a licence check from the DVLA on my own licence, I know this sounds a little odd so I shall explain.

I am in the middle of hiring out a vehicle, all paid for and complete etc, all I need to do is pick it up and for that I need my licence (Both parts) and that's where the problem starts, I can't find my paper part anywhere, but the hire company have told me I can get the DVLA to do a licence check for me and take that in to them and everything will be fine.....

Not exactly sure how to do this or even what to ask for, anyone?

Many thanks

Can anyone tell me how I go about getting a licence check from the DVLA on my own licence, I know this sounds a little odd so I shall explain.

I am in the middle of hiring out a vehicle, all paid for and complete etc, all I need to do is pick it up and for that I need my licence (Both parts) and that's where the problem starts, I can't find my paper part anywhere, but the hire company have told me I can get the DVLA to do a licence check for me and take that in to them and everything will be fine.....

Not exactly sure how to do this or even what to ask for, anyone?

Many thanks

They normally ring while your in their rental office so that they can get the relevant information over the phone with your authorisation from the DVLA

They normally ring while your in their rental office so that they can get the relevant information over the phone with your authorisation from the DVLA

Yeah that's what I would have thought but the rental company are telling me to get in touch with the dvla who aren't exactly being very helpful.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/AdviceOnKeepingYourVehicle/DG_4022066

says:

Information from DVLA’s driver records

The release of driver information is limited compared to that of vehicle information.

DVLA can share driver information with other Government departments where legislation allows it.

Driver information can also be shared, with the consent of the driver, to organisations, such as car hire companies, or employers wishing to confirm a driver’s entitlement to drive.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/MotoringContacts/DG_178028

Archived