The Tax Debacle

If this is done every year then how come the tax year 2008-9 is being cited in this....?

As I understand it, it is because there is a backlog of cases outstanding from last year.

A spokesman for HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) rejected suggestions that as many as 10 million people might be eligible for a rebate because there is a backlog of unresolved cases from the years before 2008-09.

"We don't recognise the 10 million figure, just because a case is open does not mean a refund is due," he said.

But I'm sure someone can correct me :)

David Cameron will not be blamed for the current fiasco, so what a good time to kick ass. My son is earning circa £6,000 p/a working part time whilst studying for a degree, he is on emergency tax (40%), they will not issue him with a notification of coding or return his latest P45 to him, what a set of idiots.

emergency tax isn't 40%

I take that the "Taxman" is a collector of taxs re his in depth knowledge

Why have you got that picture of a German Shepperd / Wolf?

Give the animals a chance as I am sure they don't want to be accociated with you as much as you want to be accicited with them

I take that the "Taxman" is a collector of taxs re his in depth knowledge

Why have you got that picture of a German Shepperd / Wolf?

Give the animals a chance as I am sure they don't want to be accociated with you as much as you want to be accicited with them

He's actually Keeper of the Chancellor's Poodles and looks after George Osborne's pet dogs.

He can't put a picture of them on his profile for security and data protection reasons so he's used another doggy pic, and poodles aren't really very macho and not the sort of thing you would expect on a bloke's profile.

Archived