Does anyone know what my NVQ Level 3 is worth?

Hi.

After getting told several different things by different individuals I need some advice on what to do.

I have an NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education. Along with this I have Key Skills Level 2 in English, Maths and I.T.

I want to get onto a teaching degree somewhere in the near future but i have been told by a Universtiy Advisor that my NVQ doesn't equate to anything and I need to do my GCSE's as I didn't get A-C's the first time round. I'm enrolling on a Math's GCSE course this week but a few people have now said that my NVQ and seven years experience should be enough.

ARRRGGHHH confused.com!!!

Does anyone actually know what I should do to get onto a teaching degree or a foundation degree?

Any help is much appreciated!!!!

Laura :help:

They have been cruelly called Not Very Qualified's.

Sadly higher education usually asks for something that they understand and doesn't recognise the time and effort that goes into many of the higher grade NVQ's. You may have to start from scratch when you know the the needs of course that you are aiming for but you may find that you can do a two year A level in one year if you insist.

An NVQ Level 3 is a VOCATIONAL equivalent to 2 A Levels... Vocational, not academic, so for some degrees it won't offer any points, but for some it will... The keyskills aren't recognised as a replacement for GCSEs in English and Maths when it comes to doing a B Ed, so scrub your A-C's up, and keep an eye out for a degree that will take your NVQ points! Good luck!

They have been cruelly called Not Very Qualified's.

Sadly higher education usually asks for something that they understand and doesn't recognise the time and effort that goes into many of the higher grade NVQ's. You may have to start from scratch when you know the the needs of course that you are aiming for but you may find that you can do a two year A level in one year if you insist.

Only by people who have no idea how much commitment and work goes into them - many industries don't think that they are worthless, as many jobs such as nursery nurse will not take you on without at least a Level 3, or be currently working towards one...

Hi.

After getting told several different things by different individuals I need some advice on what to do.

I have an NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education. Along with this I have Key Skills Level 2 in English, Maths and I.T.

I want to get onto a teaching degree somewhere in the near future but i have been told by a Universtiy Advisor that my NVQ doesn't equate to anything and I need to do my GCSE's as I didn't get A-C's the first time round. I'm enrolling on a Math's GCSE course this week but a few people have now said that my NVQ and seven years experience should be enough.

ARRRGGHHH confused.com!!!

Does anyone actually know what I should do to get onto a teaching degree or a foundation degree?

Any help is much appreciated!!!!

Laura :help:

Why not try one of these 3 day taster courses at Sheffield Hallam

http://www.shu.ac.uk/education/taster

Archived