Could you manage without a car?

Tony

There is no way I could manage! My drive to work takes 17-25 min’s each way and I work shifts between 08.00-20.00. I did look into getting the bus and it turns out I would have to travel for 1 ½ - 2 hours and change busses 2/3 times!

If it takes you 17 mins on a good day to drive, we're talking little over 30 min bike ride then aren't we? Perhaps this would be worth looking into, then you can knock the car out of the picture, have more surplus cash and keep fit as part of your normal daily routine... Buses can be a bit random time table wise, but it's silly that it's take less time to walk than it does to take a bus!!!

no way I have be at work by 0630 some weeks and the affordable public transport where I live is terrible and I'd then have to get tram which I suppose does run quite often but would take in total about an hour if I could get a bus. Then there are our holidays which consist of going fishing, caravanning and going to car boot sales. A car is vital and we'd be lost without our old chug a bug which i hasten to add always passes the emissions test with flying colours:D:headbang::thumbsup:

Yes I manage without a car quite easily thanks very much. I'm lucky, I live where I work, I shop where I live. Everything from the leisure centre, Library, Shops, Supermarket, Pubs and Cafes are within no more than ten minutes of my house.

If I want to go into town I can catch a tram. I wanted to go walking in the peaks on Sunday, I took the train.. £3.70 return to Grindleford. :D

Archived