Coloured road markings would be jolly

Tony

Vote for Technicolour roads  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for Technicolour roads

• Mmmm, sounds scrummy and oh so sexy and my life will be so much more exciting
    • I'm dull and I like dullness to make sure I stay dull dull dull dull dulll
    • I'm confused

Why just white with just the occasional zig zag or stripe of dreaded yellow?

Surely a cheerful pallet of different hues and shades would bring our countryside and towns to life, keep artists in work and allow you to choose a NO PARKING sign to match your curtains?

I'm not keen on the idea. I don't like the red cycle lanes or green bus lanes and they always end up looking scrappy when they get worn away. I imagine they're a luxury we won't be able to afford with the current cuts as they must be more expensive to maintain than just plain tarmac.

I like the idea of less road markings and less road signs. There's already been a call from the new government for councils to reduce street clutter which I fully agree with. My particular pet hates are faded 10 year old signs which say "New Road Layout Ahead".

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_190433

Archived