Honour killings - Crimewave

Well it's pretty much all fantasy isn't it? We'll never know what Mohammad looked like, Jesus, or whether the Virgin Mary wore a veil or preferred a crop top.

And who cares.

Jesus and Mohamed are our leaders.

We do as they tell us, not the other way round.

And who cares.

I think you will find that democracy was invented way after that and we can actually tell them what to do now a days, or we are supposed to be able to.

Even his holiness, the prophet Blair found out that the people have a say in it, eventually.

I think you will find that democracy was invented way after that and we can actually tell them what to do now a days, or we are supposed to be able to.

Even his holiness, the prophet Blair found out that the people have a say in it, eventually.

"Que Sera, Sera, Whatever Will Be, Will Be"

Blair could say the same, "Whatever will be will be." No matter what he did he couldn't change the outcome. Events took their course according to the direction and the decisions he had taken in years previously.

Like Blair we take a direction in life and we make decisions, often unconsciously, based on our chosen direction and like Blair we will be unable to change the outcome of our life once we have trimmed the sails and set the rudder on course. The only way we can change the outcome of our life is to change direction ourselves while we are still able.

And who cares.

No man/woman can serve two masters

I think you'll find that the teachings of these two people are poles apart.

Jesus preached peace, mercy, love and forgiveness to all people whereas Mohamed preached the opposite with the control freak attitude towards women leaving everything to be desired.

Just remember this topic is about 'Ego (honour) Killings', whilst it is possible that some Christian cranks have partaken in this medaeval barbaric practice the fact is that the vast majority of Ego Killings are carried out by Muslims of differing nationalities.

Jesus preached peace, mercy, love and forgiveness to all people whereas Mohamed preached the opposite with the control freak attitude towards women leaving everything to be desired.

It's a shame many Christians don't live up to those principles as well as many Muslims. Incidentally, women are subservient to men in Christianity as well.

It's a shame many Christians don't live up to those principles as well as many Muslims. Incidentally, women are subservient to men in Christianity as well.
I agree with you BF, the problem is defining practising Christians and those in name only.

I also agree with you on womens role in the Christian church and I don't agree with it either it offends common equality rights but I do think that they fare much better than Muslim women.

I've said for some time now that I can see the day arrive when someone challeges these religions on the grounds of sex equality.

I think men should be stoned for showing builders bums, to me that is more disgusting than a muslim women having her head uncovered (unless she's still got curlers in).

Yes but only 30 people belong to the Koran burning church, muslims the world over are continuously burning or blowing up something.

It might be only 30 people doing it, but it's quite clear from this thread that a lot more people support their actions.

Muslims 'the world over' are not continuously burning or blowing up things. The vast majority of it happens in war zones, and even in those places the people involved in perpetrating violence are still the minority. We had our own war in Europe 60 years ago which makes today's strife in some Muslim countries look tame by comparison. Would it be fair to say that WW2 constitutes proof that Europeasns love burning things and blowing them up?

It might be only 30 people doing it, but it's quite clear from this thread that a lot more people support their actions.

Muslims 'the world over' are not continuously burning or blowing up things. The vast majority of it happens in war zones, and even in those places the people involved in perpetrating violence are still the minority. We had our own war in Europe 60 years ago which makes today's strife in some Muslim countries look tame by comparison. Would it be fair to say that WW2 constitutes proof that Europeasns love burning things and blowing them up?

So Pakistan is a war zone is it, this is the country that is currently begging the world for aid yet it's own religious leaders are promoting on a daily scale the bombing and killing of their own people, they kill more of their own every year through the barbaric preachings of muslim clerics than the floods did and we're just talking about one country here.

Regarding the comments on WWII I consider them to be the ramblings of someone who's completely lost all sense of reality or a weak attempt to justify another one of historys great plagues that the world is currently suffering from.

the killings are the tip of the problem the headline grabber, girls from this type of family are little more than slaves. tens of thousnads of them in the uk.

they live in fear and sustain constant physical and emotional abuse. its getting worse and is being ignored.

So Pakistan is a war zone is it, this is the country that is currently begging the world for aid yet it's own religious leaders are promoting on a daily scale the bombing and killing of their own people, they kill more of their own every year through the barbaric preachings of muslim clerics than the floods did and we're just talking about one country here.

Regarding the comments on WWII I consider them to be the ramblings of someone who's completely lost all sense of reality or a weak attempt to justify another one of historys great plagues that the world is currently suffering from.

I haven't justified clerics who promote murder and mayhem. What I was pointing out is that most Muslims aren't involved in violence and that European Christians have also been known to slaughter each other en masse on numerous occasions in the past, and will almost certainly do it again. As usual your zealous fanatisism has rendered you incapable of understanding what is actually being said.

But even if i ignmore the fact that you have - as usual - completely misinterpreted what was said to suit your own narrow minded agenda, it still leaves the question: How exactly do you imagine that burning korans will improve the situation?

Archived