How far in advance do you book holidays?

How far in advance do you usually book holidays?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How far in advance do you usually book holidays?

• A year +
    • Between 6 months and a year
    • Between 3 and 6 months
    • Between 1 and 3 months
    • Within a month
    • Last minute rush!

I don't have time to create a poll, maybe a mod can add one.

So how long in advance do you book?

Personally it varies, the longest in advance is about 6 months, I just booked a snowboarding course for February. I only booked that so far in advance because it sells out quickly.

For summer holidays, I tend to book the time off work when I can, but then book the holiday about a fortnight in advance.

In fact that works for some winter holidays as well, just not big groups or courses.

I think it varies with us. We are off on holiday soon and I booked that 10 weeks before we was due to go. I also booked a suprise trip to Amsterdam for my partners birthday this January just gone but I had booked that in July so I could prepare everything etc without him knowing anything. I think sometimes you have to bok alittle in advance when you have children

depending on whether i need an extra 3 months to save for extra legroom on the plane there and back, if im going to usa we book accomodation and park tickets about a year and a half in front then flights and car hire when become available.

I've booked three days before and I've booked a year in advance .. each have their good points and bad.

Personally .. I love to book around October for the following July .. I will then look on the internet at the place I'm going to nearly every day ...

What is a 'holiday'?

Seriously I've done 10 months in advance (Croatia) and 2 days in advance (Greece) and to be honest they were both in their own ways fairly crummy holidays (by the time we got to Croatia it was clear we were splitting up, and the accommodation in Greece was rubbish even taking in to account how cheap it was).

Now I tend not to book, I just sling the tent in the boot, drive up to Scotland and go where the mood takes me - I've only been turned away from a campsite that was full once so far.

Archived