Can anyone match 2 or more of these Sheffield families?

BILDEBORG

GLENTWORTH, GREENHOUGH, DENTON, LINGARD, TRICKETT, ADDY, BOLTON, DENNIS, HALLAM, HIGGINBOTHAM, TINGLE, HELLIWELL, HAGUE / HAIGH, DARWENT, SANDERSON, WILDE, DRABBLE, CROOKES, RIVINGTON, PROCTOR, WOOD, ARMITAGE, IBBOTSON, KAY, SHIRT, LOWE, GUEST, RONKSLEY, KING, PLATTS, STRAW, JARVILLE, ROYSTON, HEALD, WELDON, WALKER, COOPER.

They are mostly but not exclusively Bradfield, Loxley, Malin Bridge, Grenoside etc. If you can match ANY of these name together then I would love to hear from you.

Regards,

Jay.

Originally posted by BILDEBORG

GLENTWORTH, GREENHOUGH, DENTON, LINGARD, TRICKETT, ADDY, BOLTON, DENNIS, HALLAM, HIGGINBOTHAM, TINGLE, HELLIWELL, HAGUE / HAIGH, DARWENT, SANDERSON, WILDE, DRABBLE, CROOKES, RIVINGTON, PROCTOR, WOOD, ARMITAGE, IBBOTSON, KAY, SHIRT, LOWE, GUEST, RONKSLEY, KING, PLATTS, STRAW, JARVILLE, ROYSTON, HEALD, WELDON, WALKER, COOPER.

They are mostly but not exclusively Bradfield, Loxley, Malin Bridge, Grenoside etc. If you can match ANY of these name together then I would love to hear from you.

Regards,

Jay.

When you say match them together what exactly do you mean ?

For instance i know people in sheffield with at least 5 of those surnames ?

Hi Lindsey, what I mean is are there any folk out there that can match two or more of those names, ideally someone called SUSAN ADDY may have married a JOHN TRICKETT..........i e any two connections then I would be interested. I did try to make it as simple as I could.........I am basically trying to find distant Sheffield relations.............no matter how close or how far related.........I hope this answers your question.

Ever hopeful

Jay.

Hi folks, many thanks for your replies...........but basically i am looking for folk who can match 32or more of these families............so if your unccle Horace Trickett marrind a Mary Addy then I would like to hear from you.

Genealogy may seem to some as a 'trainspotting' type hobby............take my word for it, it isnt!............there is much to be gained by simply looking into ones past..............it is indeed an addictive hobby though........so be prepared!

Now as to my names, if anyone can connect to at least 2 of these names and can offer further details then I would dearly like to hear from you............with all due respect, saying " I used to live next door to / went to school with / worked with is of no use, I am actually looking for folk who have more than two of these surnames married hopefully......connected.

To say that " I worked with a Bill Trickett in the 1950's" means diddley poo im afraid, what I nead is concrete evidence / possible connections.........

heres hoping I got my post understandable........

Regards to all

Jay.

Hi Lostrider, I appreciate your comments but I was hoping to reach the broader scope of forum members, not necessarily those who are familiar with genealogy and its terms. Not too many folk would understand what a GEDCOM is, I find it difficult enough as it is to explain my requirements. I am simply asking anyone who might have an aunty Mary Lingard who might have married an uncle George Trickett for example. I cannot think of an easier way to put my post.

If anyone out there wants my GEDCOM then I would be more that willing to share it, but I see a new topic arising......"what is a GEDCOM" :gag:

kind regards,

Jay Roland.

Archived