My work has gone into liquidation!

The tax man is no longer preferential - unpaid wages still are

If there is a petitioner it means that a creditor is taking the company to court - a winding up order will be made and the Official Receiver will deal with the affairs of the company - realising any assets and dealing with creditor claims

As an ex employee your claim will be processed by the redundancy payments office and they will pay you some of what you are owed - but only once the company has formally gone into liquidation

I would suggest asking the insolvency practitioner for details of the petitioner's solicitor so you can find out when the hearing is

alternatively if you want to PM me the details I'll happily look into it for you

employees wages along with the tax man are classed as preferntial creditors, you and the tax man will have priority for payment before the others, but, it can take a while to sort out - i worked for an insolvency practioner too!!

Not so. The taxman is no longer preferential. Thats the problem with all the football clubs now. Because the taxman is no longer preferential he is applying for winding up faster. Basically he wants his cash and knows that the longer he waits the more people are in the queue ahead of him.

so sorry, know how it feels. happened to OH in april and had to claim wages through liquidator. slow process though - took about 6 or 7 weeks before we got his wages. check with citizens advice but more importantly, make sure you go straight to unemployment office. good luck:thumbsup::thumbsup: keep your pecker up. OH now got new job

Archived