Skips, throwing away unwanted stuff or just a free for all?

I recently hired a skip as we have decided to get rid of everything and do the house up. To my surprise (I don’t really know why i was surprised) it seems to be the most interesting thing on the street! Everyone who goes past has a little neb to see what’s in it.

Now i thought the main problem would be with people putting things in it (which we have caught the take away nearby trying to put there empty big oil cans in there and they were sharply told where to go) i have found that its people taking things out of it!!!!

We had a bloke in a van drive up and nicely ask if he could have the toys of my sons that he has long since outgrown. We said yes that’d fine and he took them and i had no problems with this, but its the people that full on climb into your skip for a rummage round that gets me. I have just caught a bloke that has literally been driving past and he has stopped opened his boot and climbed into my skip and started throwing things out and all over the place. I mean come on have some respect for people property even if they are throwing it out. I went out and told him he can takes what he likes but make sure he puts things back in and not leave them on the street and i was greeted in return by a grunt! And told what’s the attitude for, i felt like saying because you have no respect and your messing up the street i live on and I’m going to have to clean up your mess once your gone.

Sorry that was totally a rant but it really bugs me that some people have no manners at all.

ahh really i didnt know that! wish i had, i have to send my dad to go clean up the mess he made and put everything down flat in the skip again bucause everything is sticking out and all over the place ad we have more stuff to put in.

Just think some people should respect other people things :rant:

I know some people throw good stuff out that there is plenty of life left in it and so it would be a shame to skip it

but people should ask before taking it out of the skip because

A - you are paying for the skip

B- its your stuff thats in the skip

C - its polite to ask

D - its theft

Archived