Technically speaking, are we all 15 billion years of age??

danot

Technically speaking, If our bodies are formed from universal matter that has been constantly re-cycling itself for the last 15 billion years, wouldn't that make humans(along with everything else)15 billion years of age?.. wouldn't it be fair for me to say that myself and the universe are one in the same?.

Good point really and (forgive my gross ignorance here if that be the case) isn't that pretty much the basis of a number of "Eastern" religions?

It is true that (almost!) every proton, neutron and electron that composes your body will have existed for many billions of years. However, that does not mean that YOU have existed for so long. You only came to exist when they joined together in the particular combination that made you.

And some of those particular combinations are rather peculiar..........

It is true that (almost!) every proton, neutron and electron that composes your body will have existed for many billions of years. However, that does not mean that YOU have existed for so long. You only came to exist when they joined together in the particular combination that made you.
But I am the sum of those parts that have combined to make me, which as taken nature 15 billion years to accomplish.

Archived