Racist rap or hiphop

The point I have been making is, current hip hop music does contain racist terms. Even the n word is abusive to many from the black community. Just because the word comes out of a black persons mouth doesn’t make it any less racist and so some within the Hip Hop music industry are trying to have this word deemed unacceptable.

Black rappers rapping the 'N' word is not racist to the black community. It is considered offensive and unacceptable by many within it but it cannot be racist.

Secondly, Hip Hop is by far more popular and considered mainstream, where as the examples given of other genres racist persuasions have either been so small they are unknown to most or long since split up. These are not acceptable comparisons.

My bold.

Racist white groups do not set out with the aim of being unpopular! Their lyrical content dictates that they will not reach a wide audience.

As I've stated before there are white artists who exist purely to spread a race hate message. There are no hiphop groups you can say the same for and this is why the comparison is not acceptable - nothing at all to do with sales or exposure levels. A CD or LP containing a lyric is what it is, whether five hundred people own it, or five hundred thousand.

Why would someone listen to neo-Nazi music if they weren't ok with the message? Most people find racism unacceptable.

If you are unaware, use a search engine for goodness sake.

Yep. and it's common knowlege. I can't help it if you are unaware, we all learn everyday.

^^

What's this rubbish?

Just because you can't be bothered to to find out something yourself? Choose to disbelieve if you want. It means nothing to me.

I think you are the one being lazy here. If you want to make such claims you need to back them up. Just because YOU think its common knowledge, doesn't make you right or mean you can ignore your responsibility to backup your accusation.

I'm still waiting for a link to a compatible Black metal band who are racist.

On the Guns and Roses accusation, I assume you are talking about the song One in a million which uses the N word. Does this make GnR a racist band then? What about Eminem, he uses the word too, or even John Lennon who use the word in the title of one of his songs Woman Is the N**** of the World. Was he also racist, was Yoko racist as she coined the phrase?

...and from Stoke, how (un)cool is that?? :hihi:

He is indeed. I heard he has ginger hair but just dies it black. Just as an aside, I used to work in Virgin and we had a black guy who would come in regularly to buy German brass oompah type CDs and he woreGerman army and Nazi gear!!!!

Racist white groups do not set out with the aim of being unpopular!

But they are, so these bands are not comparable to the very popular hip-hop groups who use both racist and sexist terminology.

If its purely down to popularity and to listen to neo-nazi metal is to be a neo-nazi, then if Hip hop is by far more popular and the majority of its listeners are black, does this mean there are more black sexist and racists? Or is it different for black people somehow?

I think you are the one being lazy here.

I don't really care what you think (as I've mentioned before).

If you want to make such claims you need to back them up. Just because YOU think its common knowledge, doesn't make you right or mean you can ignore your responsibility to backup your accusation.

*yawn* (post #103) Told you it was common knowledge. You go on to show that you were aware of it, anyway .. :suspect: :suspect: :suspect: :suspect: I suspect you may also aware of the Rolling Stones lyric I was thinking of but again, common knowledge. I'm not playing your little responsiblity game when you have ignored or failed to read parts of this thread that answer questions you've asked. Responsiblity is a two way street.

I'm still waiting for a link to a compatible Black metal band who are racist.

I'll take the initiative here even though I never mentioned the genre. I think someone posted a list of band names already but that may well have been pages back and I'm not sure you're worth the trawl. :P Here, have "Hate Forest" and "Absurd".

On the Guns and Roses accusation, I assume you are talking about the song One in a million which uses the N word. Does this make GnR a racist band then?

No less so that a hiphop MC who drops a reference to 'crackers'.

What about Eminem, he uses the word too

.. and what ethnicity is his crew, his homies? Do they believe his agenda is to disrespect them?

or even John Lennon who use the word in the title of one of his songs Woman Is the N**** of the World. Was he also racist, was Yoko racist as she coined the phrase?

Whet you look at the context of that title, I think it's clear that the intention is to provoke thought and controversy, not to condone racism.

But they are, so these bands are not comparable to the very popular hip-hop groups who use both racist and sexist terminology.

Logic bypass.

"He said it but 'ardly anyone were listenin', so it's like he neva said nuffink, innit?"

If its purely down to popularity and to listen to neo-nazi metal is to be a neo-nazi, then if Hip hop is by far more popular and the majority of its listeners are black, does this mean there are more black sexist and racists? Or is it different for black people somehow?

Why are we talking sexism, now Serapsis? :hihi: Isn't the thread alleged 'addressing' the issue of racism? :suspect:

And yes, it is different for back people in some ways. The reasons are touched upon in some things I mentioned earlier in this thread.

I used to work in Virgin and we had a black guy who would come in regularly to buy German brass oompah type CDs and he woreGerman army and Nazi gear!!!!

Oh that'll be Uncle Klaus, we've tried to ensure he has an appropriate adult with him when he goes shopping ;)

I don't really care what you think (as I've mentioned before).

*yawn* (post #103) Told you it was common knowledge. You go on to show that you were aware of it, anyway .. :suspect: :suspect: :suspect: :suspect: I suspect you may also aware of the Rolling Stones lyric I was thinking of but again, common knowledge. I'm not playing your little responsiblity game when you have ignored or failed to read parts of this thread that answer questions you've asked. Responsiblity is a two way street.

I'll take the initiative here even though I never mentioned the genre. I think someone posted a list of band names already but that may well have been pages back and I'm not sure you're worth the trawl. :P Here, have "Hate Forest" and "Absurd".

No less so that a hiphop MC who drops a reference to 'crackers'.

.. and what ethnicity is his crew, his homies? Do they believe his agenda is to disrespect them?

Whet you look at the context of that title, I think it's clear that the intention is to provoke thought and controversy, not to condone racism.

Logic bypass.

"He said it but 'ardly anyone were listenin', so it's like he neva said nuffink, innit?"

Why are we talking sexism, now Serapsis? :hihi: Isn't the thread alleged 'addressing' the issue of racism? :suspect:

And yes, it is different for back people in some ways. The reasons are touched upon in some things I mentioned earlier in this thread.

Shims you're being a pleb, but that's common knowledge so I don't need to provide any evidence.

There is no logic bypass here. Your logic seems to be if its hiphop it’s OK, if its anyone else, it’s not. That's illogical. You're more concerned with pointing the finger then addressing the issue. Why is that?

On the sexism comment, the racist undertones of some hip-hop goes hand in hand with sexist commentary. If anything, sexist comments are more prevalent than racist, therefore with your logic, I made the connection, that those who listen to sexist hip-hop are indeed sexists themselves. Why do you not wish to discuss this aspect? Do you listen to sexist hip-hop by any chance?

Archived