Racist rap or hiphop

So you failed to mention one of the architects of rap while presuming to tell rappers how they spell the word ******?

Ice spelled it for you, now stop talking for black people and telling them what they think and go back to your vegan casserole and carbon neutral tantric sex life.

Firstly: since you consider Ice T 'one of the architects of rap' perhaps you'd enlighten us as to who the others may be?

Secondly: Perhaps you'd like to quote where I told anyone "what they think". Or alternatively, give it a rest. :hihi:

Thirdly: I'd give up the trolling, it's making you appear foolish.

PS: Any idea what N.W.A. stood for?

Firstly: since you consider Ice T 'one of the architects of rap' perhaps you'd enlighten us as to who the others may be?

Secondly: Perhaps you'd like to quote where I told anyone "what they think". Or alternatively, give it a rest. :hihi:

Thirdly: I'd give up the trolling, it's making you appear foolish.

Chuck D, Ice Cube, Dr Dre, Warren G...there are others but those guys made the genre.

PS: Any idea what N.W.A. stood for?

Ice Cube asked that very question. - his take is thus -

Actually aside from that one line, the song title and umpteen references throughout the song are spelt nigga.

Maybe you should stop trying to talk for black people too?

Wiki has an article on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigga

Apparently a Mr Tupac on his Resurrection album distinguished between ****** and nigga: "******* was the ones on the rope, hanging off the thing; niggas is the ones with gold ropes, hanging out at clubs."

They didn;t spell them nigga, the internet site you googled did because their auto censor changed it.

As for tupac, he;'s dead so i'll not argue with the kid.

1. Yes, it basically is isn't it. About as musical as a halfwit with his John Thomas caught in a mangle shouting for help.

2. I think you'll find "nigga" is pretty much a self loathing white middle class guardian reading knit your own yoghurt elbow patch wearing waste of oxygen invention. Rappers say ******, which will no doubt get bleeped out by the server, to quote the grandaddy of gangster rap Ice T "Damn right I'm a ****** and I don't care what you are, 'cause I'm a capital N-I double-G-E-R"

The chap takes the time to spell it out, so do him the favour of not calling him a liar eh?

:hihi::hihi::hihi::love:

So when African American hip hop MCs refer to themselves and their 'bredren' as 'nigga' and 'niggaz' they are being racist against err.. who?

I know you meant etc., as in et cetera .. so now that the 'N' word has been addressed, what's the etc. part that you refer to?

Having sex with mommas, calling women b*****s, use of violent knife and gun crime.

The problem that Mr Smith created for himself wasn't watching the film in a public place, but selecting a small passage from it and using it as a ring tone to create offence, he also used racist language, the content of which wasn't reported.

So, when you come across someone black, white or Asian who has a single sentence from a rap song which contains racist language and then uses a racist term when you challenge them about it, you're argument might have some mileage.

im open to the fact that you could be right. however if all i hear is an out of context lyric saying somthing racist towards whites i can now report it to the police. as the woman who heard the mans ringtone did,, yes?

Don't devalue the impact of 'racist remark' that Smith made at the time and the influence that might have had on the decision to prosecute and the sentencing exercise.

all good points and well made. so if i hear them blasting out at me do i have the right to report them due to being offended on racism grounds?

Yes, you absolutely have that right, whether any offence has been committed would be evaluated and processed accordingly.

While Ice T was still in diapers, Sly Stone was setting out the rules.

They may not be the most accomplished lyrics, but they are fairly clear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwmrd_T53E0

He was about 11 at the time. The bedwetting may have been, er, covered up though. In fact, the album Iceberg is a thinly veiled attempt to explain these nocturnal problems by claming he used a bag of ice as a water bottle.

Archived