Racist rap or hiphop

They didn;t spell them nigga, the internet site you googled did because their auto censor changed it.

As for tupac, he;'s dead so i'll not argue with the kid.

Has the internet censor also amended the track title? Does Ice T know? he doesn't seem to me to be an artist that would allow his record label to compromise his art in such a fashion.

http://i49.tinypic.com/13zogo1.jpg

it's quite laughable the way people are denying that any other form of music has any "unpleasant" contents, people are people, some people are racist, some fot hose people make music, it happens, it doens't make you a racist for listening to it, it's their opinion/feelings on the subject.

Absolute nonsense, there are still many many neo-nazi metal groups, and I say that as someone with a decent knowledge of metal. There is even a loosely connected group that calls themselves The Pagan Front, which is an entire collection of NS metal bands.

Of course it was considered underground, and isn't particularly popular, but that has to do with the popularity of their particular ethos.

Sorry, but if you believe skrewdriver were pretty much the only neo-nazi band, then you are sadly naive - I suggest (well ok i don't actually suggest it) you go hjave a look on stormfront. The reason you may not know about them is because they are underground, and because they are mainly nowadays eastern european and scandanavian.

'tis the internet and I think the forums attracts some of those who want to spar with other users rather than take on board any facts. I already mentioned a recent example of a racist band some posts back but I think the poster you responded to is more concerned with irrelevances such as when the Macc Lads ceased to be. :hihi:

Having sex with mommas, calling women b*****s, use of violent knife and gun crime.

We could call any of that thug, gangsta, misogynistic but not racist. Just as I pointed out earlier that, in the context of these hip hop verses the use of the word 'nigga' as you mentioned is not racist either.

Of course there has been black supremacist, anti-white sentiment expressed in hiphop, a predominantly African-American art form (ie. music created by a people who have suffered hundreds of years of oppression at the hands of white America) BUT I can't think of any hiphop group or artist who exist for the purpose of spreading a racist message. I'm aware that there are dozens (probably hundreds) of white groups who raison d'etre is to spread a racist message and raise funds for neo-Nazi terror groups. Of course, most people who aren't fascist sympathisers will be unaware of such groups existence, names, output.

There is casual racism expressed in mainstream rock too, such as The Rolling Stones or Guns and Roses.

Absolute nonsense, there are still many many neo-nazi metal groups, and I say that as someone with a decent knowledge of metal. There is even a loosely connected group that calls themselves The Pagan Front, which is an entire collection of NS metal bands.

Of course it was considered underground, and isn't particularly popular, but that has to do with the popularity of their particular ethos.

Sorry, but if you believe skrewdriver were pretty much the only neo-nazi band, then you are sadly naive - I suggest (well ok i don't actually suggest it) you go hjave a look on stormfront. The reason you may not know about them is because they are underground, and because they are mainly nowadays eastern european and scandanavian.

Still no actual bands listed though. As I have already said, the examples given are out of date.

I am not saying there are none, I am saying I have not heard any and therefore would like evidence of the accusation. The fact that Black metal bands are considered underground does not mean they are racist. The reason for being where they are is due to their content which as I have stated, I have never found to be racist.

Give me a metal band equivalent to the current hip hop groups that use racist language, that's all I have asked.

'tis the internet and I think the forums attracts some of those who want to spar with other users rather than take on board any facts. I already mentioned a recent example of a racist band some posts back but I think the poster you responded to is more concerned with irrelevances such as when the Macc Lads ceased to be. :hihi:

It is not irrelevant at all. If anything your comparison is irrelevant as you are using a band that split up 15 years ago to compare with modern day racist hip hop. X did it 15 years ago therefore Y can do the same now is plain stupid.

There is casual racism expressed in mainstream rock too, such as The Rolling Stones or Guns and Roses.

Name the song and the lyric that is racist please.

It is not irrelevant at all. If anything your comparison is irrelevant as you are using a band that split up 15 years ago to compare with modern day racist hip hop. X did it 15 years ago therefore Y can do the same now is plain stupid.

1. It is totally irrelevant because the Macc Lads are not a good example of a band with racist lyrics. I assume they were mentioned in jest. :| Which brings me to this:

2. They weren't my example, I wasn't making the comparison. I gave you a recent example. You have been doing a spectacular job of not reading the thread.

Name the song and the lyric that is racist please.

I'll let you find this by yourself if you're genuinely interested as you seem more keen in accepting the existance of racist hiphop than acknowledging that racist music has and is being made by whites.

Archived