Bull's Head Ranmoor to become a wine bar

wednesday1

We'd probably ask "Wonder what others make of this", it's all good Sheffield fun blaming the current government when one can't spell.

Where has the OP blamed it on the government? :confused:

Regarding Wednesday1's spelling error I don't know how old he is, but maybe he went to school during the dark days of the previous Tory government's education policies? :hihi:

They need to do something, it's a dreadful place. It used to be OK before the outdoor bit at the front was built. Now it's just a tired grotty hole which no-one really wants to go in. Occasionally I pop in to see if it's improved since my last visit. It never has so far.

So yes, bring on the 'wine bar' and bring the other bar up to snuff while you're at it.

I've heard rumours surrounding the 'Bully' for quite a few years regarding its becoming a wine bar and/or restaurant.

I went in last week and I have never seen such an empty pub. By empty, I don't mean bereft of customers - which it was - but of stock and products behind the bar. The place resembled and felt like an empty cupboard. Empty shelves behind the bar, no curtains or blinds at the windows. The lighting was harsh also.

My, how this place has fallen.

I doubt very little if Johnty at West 10 would care a jot if the Bull's Head tried its hand at becoming a wine bar. (Indeed, what chances are there that he himself isn't behind these rumours?)

West 10 is a little gem: great wine, champagne and its best kept secret, the food is top drawer.

Shame to see what used to be a decent pub turned into a ponsy wine bar...

Suppose that's better than it closing down altogether though. Only a few years ago I remember the Bull as a really busy pub. I was disappointed to see what a state it had got into when I was last back in Sheffield. Despite being there at 8pm on a weekend night there were only about 6 in and the whole place was depressing. There wasn't much stock and the whole place was in dire need of a lick of paint.

You read so much about pubs closing down all the time but I don't think the Bull can use that as an excuse. The nearby Ranmoor Inn and Rising Sun appeared to be as busy as ever so it doesn't seem the locals are giving the pubs a miss.

Anyone know what it was that went so badly wrong at the Bull?

Archived