I need someone who sells kitchens

id say get as expensive a half a kitchen as you can out of the insurance.

the more money they have to spend fixing it for you now the more money you will have to shell out in exorbitant insurance premiums for the next few years until they have clawed it all back

think of it as a 'buy now pay later' deal :thumbsup:

If its been flooded it must be the bottom half that needs doing! :loopy:

Thats exactly the point I was getting at. They will only cover the sink units and the units around them, they wont cover the other half of the kitchen as it is not damaged so wanted to get an expensive quote for half the kitchen so I could get the whole kitchen done as it wouldn't match with just doing half a kitchen. x.

Hah.....Now who's :loopy: ....?

:wink:

Thats exactly the point I was getting at. They will only cover the sink units and the units around them, they wont cover the other half of the kitchen as it is not damaged so wanted to get an expensive quote for half the kitchen so I could get the whole kitchen done as it wouldn't match with just doing half a kitchen. x.

Unbelievable!

So you really think that the insurance companies are fools?

Many (if not all?) insurance companies provide 'like for like' cover.

The assessor that has seen your kitchen will know roughly how much your existing units will cost to replace. If you then put in a claim to cover your entire kitchen, do you not think that they will know what you intend to do?

Some have even been known to carry out 'spot checks' when the work has been completed!

I know you will not thank me for telling you this, but it could be worse - if you go ahead with your plan your claim could be refused entirely!

Unbelievable!

So you really think that the insurance companies are fools?

Many (if not all?) insurance companies provide 'like for like' cover.

The assessor that has seen your kitchen will know roughly how much your existing units will cost to replace. If you then put in a claim to cover your entire kitchen, do you not think that they will know what you intend to do?

Some have even been known to carry out 'spot checks' when the work has been completed!

I know you will not thank me for telling you this, but it could be worse - if you go ahead with your plan your claim could be refused entirely!

^^^^^ what he said. they are not daft, especially at the minute

OMG, If idots read my post then all I can expect is idiots to reply can't I.

If you can't be bothered to read my post correctly then don't bother replying <removed> idiots.

The Insurance Company have already been out as I have put in my post. I am wanting a quote for half the kitchen doing. Not that I expect you to be kitchen fitters as you lot are probably on the dole sat at home with nothing to do.

Go get a hobby.

you're at home aren't you are you on the dole? today was my day off - my next one is next tuesday, I'm working saturday and sunday and starting at 7am - don't jump to conclusions

you're at home aren't you are you on the dole? today was my day off - my next one is next tuesday, I'm working saturday and sunday and starting at 7am - don't jump to conclusions

Calm down!

You don't have to justify yourself to someone who sees nothing wrong with committing insurance fraud! ;)

Archived