Sheffield UFO incident, March 24 1997, we may have proof??

skiptor

I heared and saw the planes, went for a drive on the Strines the next day and the place was full of air force people and lots of men in suits and there were a couple of helicopters too.

I drove to the end of the Strines turned towards Castleton, got through Hope and was stopped and turned back by police at a road block before I reached Castleton along with several other cars and a van or two.

Just found an earlier mention of this:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=2211781&postcount=49

Edited by Jabberwocky

What gets me Jabberwocky is if this incident was nothing like claimed by the Government etc at the time, no Planes where reported missing etc, why were the airforce there and men in suits, and why was there road blocks put in place? :huh:

Sounds like some sort of cover up, but a cover up of what?

UFO's? A plane crash?

There were claims at the time that it was something called A Bolide meteor, and I remember the owner of the Strines pub complaining of slight damage to his place by an explosion or heavy thud that rattled the entire building. I also remember going on the Snake pass a few days later and the road was lined in places with loads of people with cameras.

When the planes flew over the house I was on my back garden I remember trying to get my son out to have a look at them - he was disabled so by the time I went in and lifted him up and carried him out of the front of the house to look they were already heading out to the countryside and way off in the distance.

Can any forumers "who are genuinely interested" confirm that they have recieved photographs from this thread's OP?

I'm genuinely genuinely interested in this skiptor. Send them to me please. Not so bothered about location. but a photo including a penny piece so we know its your work would be marvellous.