Where to visit for the big 21?

Tess

Go to Carcassonne in France - very historic and beautiful - you can get cheap flights from East Midlands. You'd have no trouble getting a decent quality hotel on your budget and there are some very reasonably priced restaurants - and it's dead romantic.

What about Belfast?

Worked there for a while and its a fantastic place.

Great bars and restaurants. You can walk around it quite easily and there are some great deals to stay there.

http://www.directline-citybreaks.co.uk/moreDetails.cfm?accID=3&TSAccId=&BrochId=&xmlID=xmlFAF79A0DDBE8E77D06F0712C075D4E8C&&PACKAGE_TYPE=CP&NUM_DESTID=323&NUM_DESTID_CP=323&NUM_DESTID_EP=0&NUM_DEPTID=6&NUM_DEPTID_CP=6&NUM_DEPTID_EP=0&DT=15/10/2010&NIGHTS=2&STR_EP_TIME_OUT=&STR_EP_TIME_IN=&FRM_ROOMSREQUIRED=1&FRM_ADULTSROOM1=2&FRM_CHILDRENROOM1=0&OFFERS_EMAIL=&BOARDBASES=&ST=&orderBy=AdultPrice&filterApplied=true&filteredRecordSet=0&origIdx=3&accididx=true

Stayed here while I was working and its a good hotel for the price.

Decent food, good bar and close enough to the centre. And its just around the corner from the Protestant area where the kerbs are painted red, white and blue!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=jurys+inn+belfast&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=15.24674,35.288086&ie=UTF8&hq=jurys+inn&hnear=Belfast,+United+Kingdom&ll=54.593171,-5.936576&spn=0,0.012703&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=54.593063,-5.936525&panoid=bL9ip--y-gAoblhgNdd9RQ&cbp=12,348.6,,0,15.87

I felt safer at night in Belfast than I sometimes do on a sat night in Sheffield. The people are lovely and very friendly.

It crossed me mind with Prague actually G! Thats a bargain too. Whilst I love the sun it's also very nice to be snuggled up in lots of layers :)
We have just got back and I can confirm it is very cheap (to both get there and when you're there) The weather was excellent and I wish I'd packed some shorts. It does tend to get a bit chillier in October though, but not much colder than here.

Archived