Police at it again!

All I'm saying is he didn't grab a woman doing nothing wrong for no reason. In traffic law it is about arrests for what might happen. You don't say "well you're clearly under the influence sir but haven't killed anyone yet so be on your way".

All I'm saying is he didn't grab a woman doing nothing wrong for no reason. In traffic law it is about arrests for what might happen. You don't say "well you're clearly under the influence sir but haven't killed anyone yet so be on your way".

I thought arrests for what did happen not what might happen. The police just couldn't keep up if that was the case.

It isn't the polices job to act as judge, jury and executioner...disregarding any offence (unless the officer was under direct threat) any member of the public should be protected...regardless.

As AJ has said...this cop broke rules and as a consequence.."bye bye bent copper".

Well I'm glad he's out. However being under the influence is an offence and sleep is a strong indicator. Refusing to take a breath test is also an arrestable offence. The principle being to stop further bigger offences which may not happen if they are a good driver. It is assumed that the influence will cause a crash even if it may not. Quite right too.

As for the woman she seemed surprisingly normal, I was expecting a creature like that one who hid her daughter claiming she was missing.

i'm not sure if this is correct but he said the floor jumped up and smacked her in the face...like an earth tremor....

the floor of a black maria once gave me a right kicking in 1976....

I fell down some stairs at Carter Street Police Station once, mind you it took me three attempts.

Archived