A Forum dog meet - and about time too!

Strix

Where/how shall we hold the dog meet?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Where/how shall we hold the dog meet?

• Weekdays are good
    • Gotta be a weekend
    • afternoon suits best
    • evenings work for us
    • Are we going for a walk??? Please!!! :banana:
    • Walking?? Not me :suspect:
    • I know a nice cafe with outside seating
    • We always finish our walk in the pub
    • Can I bring my cat/rabbit/hamster/goldfish?
    • There's too many polls on this forum!!!! :mad:

Well after chatting to a couple of people last night at the Woodseats meet, it looks like it's high-time we got the forum 'dog meet' off the ground.

Before we set any dates, I thought it would be a good idea to find out what format your dogs would prefer this meet to take, so let's have a poll!!!

It's multiple selection, so your dog can choose more than one ;)

Suggestions for locations and venues are welcome too :thumbsup:

Well so far it looks like we'll be finishing in a pub, so some top 'dog pub' recommendations would be good :thumbsup:

Our favourite is the Cricket Inn at Totley, after a snuffle through Totley Woods, or we like to walk out at Edale where dogs are compulsory in the pubs :D

If Litha's info is correct, we may be able to organise a stroll through Shirebrook Valley and wind up in the Angel at Woodhouse having stopped to say hello to the horses on the way past (If her friends have taken over there yet :thumbsup: )

Parking would be available at the Angel or at the nature reserve in Shirebrook Valley

hmm, not sure about poll yet - will have to review it.

will definitely do it though - if takara's big enough by the time the date is set. until she's a year old she can only do 5 minutes per month of age, ie. 3 months = 15 minutes.

she'd love it though as would i fab stuff and would be fun to finish off in a pub for a drink after...

will vote later.. too tired

Can we have some suggestions to go with all this voting that's taking place please?

At the moment, it looks like we'll be going for a walk which terminates in a pub somewhere :thumbsup:

(and we'll be lobbying the site admin for a ban on polls :suspect: )

I'm happy to come along if it's a weekend daytime preferably. The thing is my dog gets car sick very quickly so if it's going to be far from Hillsborough then I'm going to have to decline. He gets very distressed in cars and I wouldn't want to put him through the upset for more than five or ten mins.

any day time i could make. i dont know how mobile people are. there is a nice wood en route to worksop thats quiet, also has a greasy spoon for a coffee.and a couple of pubs are 2mins drive, with seating outside for us socila lepers with dogs.

Max would love to meet some new friends.....weekends ok (except Saturday mornings as I work til 1pm) or evenings (except Tues and Thurs coz I work 5pm til 9pm)!!

I do hope I can make it though...I am always so tied down with kids it would be nice to be able to make it!!

Thanks Strix

:thumbsup:

Archived