A Forum dog meet - and about time too!

Strix

Where/how shall we hold the dog meet?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Where/how shall we hold the dog meet?

• Weekdays are good
    • Gotta be a weekend
    • afternoon suits best
    • evenings work for us
    • Are we going for a walk??? Please!!! :banana:
    • Walking?? Not me :suspect:
    • I know a nice cafe with outside seating
    • We always finish our walk in the pub
    • Can I bring my cat/rabbit/hamster/goldfish?
    • There's too many polls on this forum!!!! :mad:

Originally posted by Strix

Can you recommend a good walking spot then Buffy, and perhaps a suitabe pub for afterwards?

To be honest, I've not been living in this end of town for long so don't know the best places to take the dog. He usually rambles around Rawson Spring (just off the bottom of Herries Rd), but I've no idea as to the nearest pub to end up in - there aren't any near it.

Can anyone else recommend any good dog walking zones with a pub nearby in the Hillsbro' area?

So, currently we have 5 people up for a walk, to end in a pub, on a weekend afternoon, and 5 unknown species joining us :D

Wonder if there's a tortoise in there? :hihi:

I assume Fergus, Max and Tara are too shy to do forum meets :rolleyes:

Takara's ready for walkies this Friday!!! Yay!!! We can get out the house and burn off that energy!

She can only do 15 minutes for the first month though, so if it's any time soon we'll have to meet you towards the end!

Also, I have the same problem as Classic Rock - even though Takara loves the car, she's always sick! She jumps about too much so it can't be too far or we can't make it for a good while! We have to combat the car sickness ;)

Keep us updated though - would love to do it!

• 4 months later...

If you're looking for somewhere near Hillsborough, Rivelin's good, walk up Rivelin Valley, up to the S bend and back, then finish up in the Holly Bush, bottom of Hollins Lane... Very dog friendly apparently, outside at least as they do food so they don't want dogs indoors for obvious reasons.

Thanks Rich - looks like the Rivelin Valley is worth a try :thumbsup:

... and as for the Holly Bush, is that your own analysis of the dog rules there, or do you know for certain it's a dog free zone (and we'd be better finding somewhere else in this weather :suspect: )

*goes to find phonebook to check*

Thanks Rich - looks like the Rivelin Valley is worth a try :thumbsup:

... and as for the Holly Bush, is that your own analysis of the dog rules there, or do you know for certain it's a dog free zone (and we'd be better finding somewhere else in this weather :suspect: )

*goes to find phonebook to check*

Holly Bush phone number 0114 234 5457.

Google is your friend! :D

Archived